How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Provides clinical and administrative oversight of the Neuropsychology services provided in the Department of Cognitive Rehabilitation. Also responsible for the clinical oversight of the inpatient and outpatient psychologists of HMH JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute. This position will lead a team of 10 Neuropsychologists.
Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is nationally ranked by US World and News Report.
A day in the life of a Director, Neuropsychology, Johnson Rehabilitation Institute, at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Oversight of neuropsychology services of HMH JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute to ensure quality of services and best practices
- Provides direct clinical supervision of the neuropsychologists in the Cognitive Rehabilitation program
- Provides direct clinical supervision of the inpatient and outpatient psychologists of the HMH JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
- Review referrals for neuropsychological evaluations to determine clinical appropriateness
- Assigns 1CD-10 codes for new neuropsychological admissions
- Determines staff assignments for neuropsychological evaluations
- Provides clinical oversight (in conjunction with senior neuropsychologist research and training) of the neuropsychology residents
- Tracks and approves time off request for neuropsychologists
- Tracks and approves requests for professional conferences for neuropsychologists and psychologists
- Completes performance evaluations for neuropsychologists and psychologists
- Represents HMH JFK JRI at meetings and conferences
- Responds to and resolves clinical issues
- Conducts and oversees utilization review of neuropsychological care
- Monitors licensure and certification tracking’s
- Interviews and hires neuropsychology and psychology staff
- Develops and implements a Neuropsychology Performance Improvement Plan
- Assists Administrative Director in the development of annual budgets, business plans and annual reports
- Works with the Medical Director and Administrative Director to develop the strategic plan for the Center of Brain Injuries along with new program development
- In conjunction with the Medical Director and Administrative Director is responsible for compliance with all federal and state laws as well as federal and state regulation standards
- In conjunction with the Medical Director and Administrative Director, addresses legal issues related to testifying for client cases and providing guidance to staff who have been subpoenaed to testify
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 5 years combined supervisory and clinical experience within brain injury rehabilitation programs.
- Advanced degree in Psychology with consideration given to education in alternative relevant Allied Health Profession.
- Knowledge of statistics and financial management systems.