This position is responsible for the execution of the annual chain business plan with performance measures for sales, distribution, display execution and value added programming for for Walmart, the largest off-premise National Sales retailer partner for Constellation Brands. Provides account performance updates on actual results vs. goals on a trimester and annual basis. Maintains a positive working relationship and communication with local decision maker(s), wholesalers Constellation Brands Field Sales involved with the account. Executes the chain selling process utilizing all syndicated data as well as provided internal data to develop fact based presentations / solutions for the off-premise account. Manages budget process to ensure a ROI in accordance with corporate expectations. This position supervises four direct reports responsible for supporting the key assigned account.
- Functions as the Lead for the assigned off-premise account(s), within the National Accounts Off-Premise Business Unit for Constellation Brands, Total Beverage Alcohol.
- Lead the development of annual business plans through an integrated business planning process
- Responsible for volume, distribution and display goals in assigned area.
- Manage the selection, staffing, management and development of the National Sales Managers and Analysts he/she supervises in order to meet sales and profit plan.
- Conduct key market visits with distributor chain account management during key weeks and holidays.
- Responsible for conducting quarterly sales calls on key executives and decision makers above the buyer level within the assigned account to secure sales and display programs on an ongoing basis.
- Manage all chain account activity to include presentations of sales programs, price leadership programs, value-added programs, product sales information, pricing and business reviews to the local decision maker(s).
- Develop, sell and implement custom created promotional programs for the account. Coordinate these efforts with the Constellation Brands field sales, marketing departments and wholesaler personnel.
- Plan, conduct and coordinate retail accountability at the distributor level.
- Develop and maintain wholesaler follow-through reports for the purpose of correcting and evaluating any execution and sales issues.
- Communicate, coordinate and follow through with General Managers, Market Development Managers and wholesaler personnel on execution of all chain activity. Assist Market Development Managers with wholesaler sales meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Aligns with the key Business Unit Leaders against pricing, key week execution and all business matters that relate to their customer.
- Manage travel, expense and Constellation Brands tactical funds budget allocations, ROI, and other financial responsibilities. Execute against account plans and retail budget in order to maximize set sales goals.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent job experience in the consumer products industry.
- A minimum of 8 years sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry with two years of experience at the supplier level. A strong understanding of category management is required.
- Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
- Proven analytical skills and understanding of syndicated data and its applicability to the beer category is required.
- Management and leadership skills sufficient to effectively build and develop capabilities of resources under his/her supervision to meet business objectives.
- Computer literacy with the ability to learn and use various software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and e-mail programs such as Outlook.
- Demonstrated technical skills required for the preparation of professional and effective sales presentations.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of his/her working time, including up to 5 hrs driving time.
- Management skills in order to effective develop the skills and capabilities of resources under his/her supervision to meet business objectives (if applicable).
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn