Director, National Sales and Brand Partnerships
5 - 7 years experience • Arts & Entertainment
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with nearly 465 million tickets sold and more than 12,500 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 25,500 shows annually for nearly 3,300 artists in 37 countries. Artist Nation Management is one of the world’s leading artist management companies, representing more than 350 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 900 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the over 63 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Live Nation is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, Director, National Sales to contribute to the Lifestyle Brand partnership strategy and sales team for Live Nation’s Media and Sponsorship division.
In this role, you will leverage and build relationships to grow new and existing business across all lifestyle brand business categories and verticals (Alcohol, Beverage, Travel, Fashion/Beauty and Retail).
The ideal candidate will have extensive sales and marketing experience and be able to lead the partnership development process from conception to pitch. He/She will have demonstrated experience in brand partnership creation, will be an industry expert in lifestyle brands and possess a comprehensive understanding of marketing organization infrastructure, partnership development strategy, advertising /marketing campaign fulfillment and KPI measurement from the client side.
The role will report directly to the Senior Vice President of National Sales for Lifestyle Brand Partnerships Strategic Sales team.
- Leverage industry expertise, market trends and deep knowledge of client’s needs to generate extensive client growth
- Find and develop new business opportunities with leading brands
- Direct brand pitches to senior marketing and advertising executives
- Position Live Nation as a strategic resource throughout client’s marketing team – both internal staff and external resources
- Work with sales and creative teams to build high impact integrated music based marketing platforms that drive brands’ marketing objectives
- Develop trust and deep client / agency relationships so you are the first person they contact when thinking about music strategy
- Strategy development
- Be on top of relevant market trends (domestic and global), client needs, expectations and opportunities as well as shifts in the competitive landscape; Monitors the competitive marketplace, including local and national sports and entertainment properties
- Personally build and maintain deep relationships with key industry leaders, including client-side marketing executives at Fortune 500 companies and Tier 1 media ad agencies
- Drive results in a fast paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision
- Education: BA/BS Degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum Experience: 5 - 7 years in sales and/or brand Marketing within Entertainment/Sports industry or at a brand and/or agency
- Must have national, regional and local Sponsorship experience across all business categories and verticals.
- Extensive experience creating, negotiating and executing large scale cross-platform sponsorship, media and content partnerships
- Expert brand strategist and story creator
- Strong contacts and relationships with marketing decision-makers and influencers at agencies
- Deep understanding of marketing decision-making structure and process within client and agencies
- Deep understanding of client/agency relationship
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Experience working in and navigating a large scale, complex global organization
- Highly intelligent and creative thought leader
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A leading work ethic and a competitive instinct to win
- Charisma! Charm! A natural ability to create, influence and build strong relationships - both externally with clients and internally within the organization
- Strong customer service skills; ability to build productive and trusting relationships with clients.
- Willingness and ability to travel when required.
- PASSION, borderline obsession for Music, Lifestyle…Live Events
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to persuade and influence at all levels of an agency or client.