Brookfield Properties Retail Group has an immediate need for a Director of National Operations at our corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL.
Brookfield Properties Retail Group is a retail real estate company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management. Our regional shopping centers are destinations for retail, lifestyle, dining, entertainment and so much more. Our extensive portfolio of properties spans the nation, encompassing 163 locations across 42 states and representing over 146 million square feet of retail space. All of our properties are strategically located in regional and coastal areas that constitute the "heart" of America.
Our passionate team is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving and innovating to meet the needs of our communities. Our company culture celebrates collaboration, encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and values diversity. We are very proud to have a team of premier talent who are in it to win it. We invite you to be part of our success story.
The Director of National Operations will be responsible for providing technical assistance and guidance in the physical operations of the company’s shopping centers. One of the primary focuses of this position is to develop and assist in implementing operational programs and systems, which are cost effective and enhance the overall value of the shopping centers as an asset.
Core Functions and/or Organization Functions:
- Be a corporate resource on shopping center parking lots by collecting and assembling parking lot warranties, repair costs, and parking lot studies into a parking lot database.
- Provide in-house expertise on the different types of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, lighting, HVAC systems and cost benefits.
- Act as a liaison between Operations and the different disciplines within the company.
- Provide executive leadership teams with guidance in all facets of shopping center operations.
- Support Preventive Maintenance Programs and Standards for all shopping centers to maximize the life of the physical property at the minimum operational costs.
- Assist in establishing new national contracts that are beneficial to the company.
- Review shopping center constructioncontracts for Asset Management.
- Set up training programs for new Operations Managers.
- Understand utility language in the company’s leases to insure that utility income is maximized.
- Perform routine shopping center inspections for compliance with company guidelines.
- Assist in the annual shopping center budget review process as it relates to operational issues and operational capital projects.
- Assist Operations Managers in managing multiple capital building systems projects.
- Create the scope, bid and manage multiple Capital projects within assigned region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 7-10years operationsexperience- a combination of the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years administrative/technical experience and knowledge of property physical systems
- Ideally minimum 3-5 years of managing multiple properties in the shopping center industry (but strong candidates who have managed one property will be considered)
- and/or 3 years of supervisory experience with two or more employees and demonstrates good leadership qualities
- and/or 3 years in the property management industry
- Expertise in HVAC and Central Plant strongly preferred
- Superior knowledge of commercial building practices, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Good analytical skills with ability to create and understand spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate effectively, supervise, train, and direct regional level of operations personnel
- Extensive knowledge of computers, energy management systems and peripherals