Description: The Director, National Facilities Operations provides strategic management, technical and administrative support across all regions (including corporate facilities) for facilities operations and maintenance. Establishes and maintains relationships with national operations and regional leaders as well as other NFS leaders necessary to implement national facilities operations, strategies, policies, cost savings, standards and programs across the enterprise. The Director provides technical and strategic input to support safety, reliability and efficiency of KP's facilities by shifting maintenance operations strategic focus from reactive to pro-active, assessing functional performance by outcomes instead of activities, implementing systems and processes that will yield credible and actionable data and employing innovative approaches to service delivery within the Facility Operations community.
- Serves as a point of integration for the Facilities Operations Business Line VP, and the Regional leaders, national Operations and regional leaders as well as other NFS leaders related to facilities operations, maintenance and service delivery.
- Supports the NFS Regional/Core Vice Presidents by providing management and coordination for the suite of NFS Facilities Operations functions and services provided across all regions. This position develops program elements and standards and leads implementation at a national level in a way that aligns with client goals/expectations. Monitors performance and effectiveness of the facilities operations program at a regional level and accountable leaders, providing feedback to the NFS Facilities Operations Business Line that can be used for continual quality improvement of the program.
- Manages the client relationship with NFS and regional leaders/managers related to Facilities Operations.
- Serves as the national lead for Facilities Operations in crisis management, troubleshooting and problem resolution involving other NFS Business Lines and regions to ensure that full asset life cycle impacts are taken into consideration. These may include regulatory compliance, resolution of audit findings and (in concert with capital project teams) commissioning issues.
- Promotes the benefits of a national leveraged program by advocating for flexibility, simplicity, economy, entrepreneurial spirit, and compliance with national standards and practices
- Ensures compliance by actively participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of effective policies, standards, practices and procedures. Provides coordination and technical support (via NFS core resources) for local/state fire authority and other regulatory/accreditation agency visits involving facilities concerns and requirements. Responsible for achieving NFS goals at both national and regional levels in accordance with company policies, rules, and regulatory mandates.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience in the combined areas of facilities management, maintenance management, energy management, strategic planning and related areas in the facilities (preferably health care) industry.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience leading multi-disciplinary teams across a National Portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Architecture, or a related field, or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Knowledge of facilities operations and maintenance, architecture, construction and engineering principles and information systems management.
- Working knowledge of health care facilities related regulatory and accreditation agencies, their requirements and application in both inpatient and outpatient facilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of facility impact on staffing, infection control and brand image.
- Demonstrated success in leading transformational efforts on an enterprise level.
- Experience providing leadership through influence and collaboration as well as direct leadership.
- Experience working for (a) major institution(s), preferably large, complex, multi-dimensional and heavily matrixed reporting relationship environment.
- Advanced degree in facility management, engineering, architecture, or business desirable.
Job Number: 629753