Reporting directly to the Vice President, National & Major Accounts, this key role will oversee a Client Team of Senior/Account Executives supporting a national portfolio of some of our most complex accounts. This individual will drive renewal, growth and cross sales activities to increase membership and premium/revenue. The role will partner and collaborate across BCBSMA to ensure we have support for our customers and sales organization to maximize our success. This position has the potential to grow and expand in leadership scope as the organization considers succession planning both within the Sales organization and across the enterprise.Major Responsibilities:
- Drive sales in the National and Major Accounts Market, including growth and retention of business, establishing market and network strategies, developing product packages, achieving revenue/margin targets and acting as the primary interface with brokers and consultants for 1,000+ customers/prospects
- Understand key business drivers and implement operating mechanisms and processes that strengthen revenue, profit and market share in highly competitive environments. The successful candidate has an innate ability to zero in on customer needs and develop comprehensive programs and solutions that achieve the objectives of all stakeholders, including optimal benefit to the account, members and the company.
- Direct cross-selling and renewal activities to maximize both new membership, fees/premium and client retention
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to meet/exceed role objectives
- Incorporate BCBSMA values of diversity and inclusion to optimize performance within the company, National and Major sales team and for our customers
- Lead a team of approximately 5-7 associates and responsible for a book of business of over 50 customers both fully insured and administrative service contract (ASC) representing over 200K members.
- Cultivate long-term, positive relationships with C-level executives, key opinion leaders, community leaders and colleagues. Motivational, polished communicator with the ability to influence perspectives, create excitement around product innovation, and drive early adoption of emerging, breakthrough products/services to achieve growth objectives.
- A minimum of 10-12 years of senior Sales leadership experience, preferably in the health care industry
- Experience managing a team of Account Executives within the health sector and ideally in dealing with large, complex customer team
- Strong aptitude for overseeing financial renewals and ability to develop creative strategies to meet our business objectives
- Leaderships skills demonstrating high emotional intelligence, empathy and razor sharp focus
- Bachelors degree (and MBA preferred)