Manages a portfolio of highly complex clients in National Accounts in a defined market area, in Canada, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Promotes the development and profitable growth of the commercial bankingportfolio as part of National Accounts in the assigned market area by:
- Developing and implementing a structured marketing strategy to maximize business development opportunities for sustainable growth;
- Developing strategic sales plans for prospects and existing customers;
- Identifying prospects/referrals from both internal/external networks;
- Analyzing prospect lists and prioritizing business development opportunities based on industry/market data and customer analytics;
- Partner with National Accounts Execution Team, who has primary responsibility for credit deal structuring, negotiation;
- Determining pricing for existing customer relationships in addition to proposed financing for any prospects, ensuring a satisfactory level of profitability for one’s overall book of business;
- Partner with internal resources for non-credit related products;
- Referring customers and prospects to the appropriate Commercial Bank segment and/or internal partners as appropriate.
Pursues an aggressive business development program within the assigned market area according to agreed-upon growth objectives by:
- Leading the direct selling of credit and non-credit commercial products to prospects and customers;
- Maintaining an appropriate ongoing sales pipeline;
- Identifying and facilitating the involvement of key Bank resources and stakeholders to further business interests;
- Maintaining effective follow-up with prospects/referrals on any unsuccessful deals or bids;
- Update client or contact information accurately and in a timely fashion.
Builds and maintains a high market profile in the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts by:
- Planning and completing relationship activities which generate sales opportunities and / or provide value to the customers;
- Building and maintaining an awareness of local market and general economic conditions;
- Meeting with key industry and business leaders, as well as other centres of influence;
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand network of contacts;
- Liaising with Bank product specialists to stay abreast of new enhancements, products and services, as necessary.
Ensures assigned relationships receive ongoing attention, as required to maintain and grow the relationship by:
- Promoting and encouraging a strong relationship with the Execution teams for clients;
- Using strong knowledge of the Bank’s diverse products and services to ensure the banking needs of each relationship are well understood and documented;
- Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and services and the delivery of customer service;
- Liaising with the Shared Services Business Service Centre for fulfilment (including documentation, liaison with 3rd parties, security registration) and all service activities;
- Liaising with Client Portfolio Management for compliance monitoring and reporting actions as required;
- Leading the direct selling of credit and non-credit products and partners with all internal product specialist groups as required ensuring customer needs are met.
Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank’s risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Champions a high performance environment and supports a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and supporting succession and development planning for the team.
- The incumbent must have at least 5 years of commercial bankingexperience. They require an expert knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace in Canada, a thorough knowledge of the assigned market area’s key prospects, major companies and competitive positioning within the assigned market area, and familiarity with the Loan Syndication market.
- The incumbent must also have a strong understanding of the Commercial Bank’s objectives, strategies, structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are essential to this position. The incumbent must be able to effectively articulate views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Strong PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other commercial systems and platforms.
- Excellent networking skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent sales/closing skills
- Excellent relationship building and teamwork skills.
- Well-developed credit skills (i.e., able to qualify and assess credit worthiness of prospects).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of Bank’s commercial lending and deposit products and services, and customer profitability model to provide integrated financial solutions.
- An undergraduatedegree in business or economics (or work equivalency) is a requirement. Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
- Very strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Frequent travel primarily domestically.
Requisition ID: 20847