Manages a portfolio of highly complex clients in National Accounts in a defined market area, in Canada, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Promotes the development and profitable growth of the commercial bankingportfolio as part of National Accounts in the assigned market area by:
- Developing and implementing a structured marketing strategy to maximize business development opportunities for sustainable growth;
- Developing strategic sales plans for prospects and existing customers;
- Identifying prospects/referrals from both internal/external networks;
- Analyzing prospect lists and prioritizing business development opportunities based on industry/market data and customer analytics;
- Partner with National Accounts Execution Team, who has primary responsibility for credit deal structuring, negotiation;
- Determining pricing for existing customer relationships in addition to proposed financing for any prospects, ensuring a satisfactory level of profitability for one’s overall book of business;
- Partner with internal resources for non-credit related products;
- Referring customers and prospects to the appropriate Commercial Bank segment and/or internal partners as appropriate.
- Pursues an aggressive business development program within the assigned market area according to agreed-upon growth objectives by:
- Leading the direct selling of credit and non-credit commercial products to prospects and customers;
- Maintaining an appropriate ongoing sales pipeline;
- Identifying and facilitating the involvement of key Bank resources and stakeholders to further business interests;
- Maintaining effective follow-up with prospects/referrals on any unsuccessful deals or bids;
- Update client or contact information accurately and in a timely fashion.
Builds and maintains a high market profile in the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts by:
- Planning and completing relationship activities which generate sales opportunities and / or provide value to the customers;
- Building and maintaining an awareness of local market and general economic conditions;
- Meeting with key industry and business leaders, as well as other centres of influence;
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand network of contacts;
- Liaising with Bank product specialists to stay abreast of new enhancements, products and services, as necessary.
- Ensures assigned relationships receive ongoing attention, as required to maintain and grow the relationship by:
- Promoting and encouraging a strong relationship with the Execution teams for clients;
- Using strong knowledge of the Bank’s diverse products and services to ensure the banking needs of each relationship are well understood and documented;
- Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and services and the delivery of customer service;
- Liaising with the Shared Services Business Service Centre for fulfilment (including documentation, liaison with 3rd parties, security registration) and all service activities;
- Liaising with Client Portfolio Management for compliance monitoring and reporting actions as required;
- Leading the direct selling of credit and non-credit products and partners with all internal product specialist groups as required ensuring customer needs are met.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank’s risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and supports a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and supporting succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- The incumbent must have at least 5 years of commercial bankingexperience. They require an expert knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace in Canada, a thorough knowledge of the assigned market area’s key prospects, major companies and competitive positioning within the assigned market area, and familiarity with the Loan Syndication market.
- The incumbent must also have a strong understanding of the Commercial Bank’s objectives, strategies, structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are essential to this position. The incumbent must be able to effectively articulate views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Strong PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other commercial systems and platforms.
- Excellent networking skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent sales/closing skills
- Very strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent relationship building and teamwork skills.
- Well-developed credit skills (i.e., able to qualify and assess credit worthiness of prospects).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of Bank’s commercial lending and deposit products and services, and customer profitability model to provide integrated financial solutions.
- An undergraduatedegree in business or economics (or work equivalency) is a requirement. Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
Requisition ID: 18079