Overview: The Director of National Account – Payer will be responsible for developing strong relationships with medical and pharmacy departments within a targeted list of National and Regional account based customers to include commercial health plans, Medicare, Managed Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, ACOs, IDNs, etc. This individual is responsible for executing all strategies and tactics within each of their accounts as well as offering support to the sales team when appropriate. An overall knowledge of managed markets, reimbursement, and payer account management is required. This individual will communicate the value that Coherus products bring to the market across the company portfolio and provide leadership where appropriate with field sales to answer Market Access related questions, create strategy, deploy tactics and develop advocacy to overcome coverage barriers. This individual will be required to work cross-functionally with multiple internal stakeholders including Medical, Marketing, Sales, Reimbursement and Patient Services colleagues.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for both National and Regional within geography as well as Medicare MACs, State Medicaid Agencies and various other customer types.
- Able to access account Decision Makers and/or Influencers.
- Work with Key Decision Makers at the payer to ensure appropriate coverage, access and reimbursement.
- Develop account specific plans to ensure a successful launch of CHS-1701.
- Assist in the resolution of reimbursement and/or coverage issues.
- Work closely with the Patient Services team to support the patient journey.
- Assist Regional Sales teams with pull-through strategies based on payer coverage.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
- 10 years of biotech/pharma experience, oncology experiencepreferred.
- Injectable/Infused product launch experience.
- Subject Matter expert within the Market Access to include knowledge of pharmacy and medical benefits designs, recent legislative changes, Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare (FFS and Managed).
- Understanding of Medicare Part B.
- Creative thinker - able to identify, develop, and execute sound strategies.
- Competent with PowerPoint, excel, word, etc.
- Must be able to hit deadlines, stay organized, and be self-sufficient.
- Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Up to 75% travel may be required