The Business Development Executive, Continuum of Care for Medication Management Systems (MMS) is responsible for driving sales and services across the continuum of care (outside of the acute hospital market) representing the full MMS solution offering. This role will build and maintains relationships with key decision makers across these market settings and expands the MMS footprint in existing accounts. The BDE, Continuum of Care role will also help support key third party partners in delivering unique solution offerings to our customers. The buying process is a complex and cross-functional sale with executive sponsorship and board of director approval. Sales cycle is typically 6 - 24 months and call point reaches senior level decision makers.
What is expected of you for success in your role:
- Must be comfortable and well versed selling challenger messaging to Senior Executives and capable of creating a solid “Why Do Something”, “Why Now” and “Why Only BD”
- Expert at following the MMS sales Process
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of MMS Products and solutions. Challenger Messaging, Industry insights for Infusion and/or Dispensing products, key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulation;
- Demonstrates advance knowledge of how MMS offerings match with customers' unique business needs
- Serves as a leader in maintaining balance in all areas of the sales cycle including account discovery, pipeline development, and executing new business; ensuring consistent and sustainable results;
- Must work collaboratively with all Area/Regional/Local MMS sales team members including the ISD, Fluids, Strategic Customer Vice President (SCVP) and Channel Distribution teams
- Creates and executes a significant pipeline – reflective of substantial competitive/greenfield opportunities
- Consistently utilizes all resources available within own business unit and involves other BD business units in consistently executing the sales process
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales for success:
- Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions
- Consistent and effective communication to the field sales teams and other key stakeholders
- Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with BD
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus
- Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
Accountabilities in this role:
- Primary call point for national and regional (unaffiliated) organizations represented in the continuum of care who are considering purchasing, Pyxis Dispensing, Alaris IV medication delivery devices (and related monitoring equipment), infusion disposables and IV fluids.
- The portfolio includes our state-of-the art Pyxis Dispensing and Alaris System including all related products.
- Works autonomously while maintaining strong relationships with members of the sales team including Regional Sales Directors, Account Executives, professional services, Technical support, Contracts, Legal and the US Region Platform.
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Minimum 10 years healthcare sales experience, Internal candidates preferred
- Capital experience
- Proven success in a direct sales capacity is a must
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Valid driver's license
Job ID R-326065