Axsome Therapeutics is currently searching for an experienced, dynamic commercial executive to lead the Trade & Distribution team. This individual will be responsible for the management of the commercial organization’s distribution & dispensing channel strategy. Axsome is based in New York City, New York and this role is Field Based.
The Director of National Accounts is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships at multiple national payer and PBM accounts. This role requires the ability to understand and influence multiple stakeholders including Pharmacy Director, Medical Director, Clinical Pharmacy/Finance Directors and P&T members with the end goal of rapid formulary inclusion of launch products, ensuring easy and affordable access for patients.
The Director of National Accounts will develop and execute account specific strategies for national and regional payer accounts, PBMs, and IDNs. Internally, this role will collaborate cross functionally with Marketing, HEOR, Medical and Pricing & Contracting to ensure a balance between affordable and easy access for patients while meeting the Net Sales goals of the company. The Director of National Accounts plays a critical role in the delivery of product value proposition that demonstrates the clinical and economic value of Axsome Therapeutics’ CNS products. This role reports directly to the Senior Director, Market Access.
- Ensure disciplined and effective communication with key payer stakeholders and decision makers
- Execute the payer engagement strategy and leverage Payer Value Proposition to obtain appropriate access / formulary position among target accounts
- Profile key payer accounts to assess formulary review process, formulary coverage policies, utilization management deployed for the applicable therapeutic areas, and geographic coverage areas
- Identify and address potential barriers to access proactively to ensure launch product is well positioned for formulary and P&T reviews
- Identify competitive threats and develop strategies to ensure optimal coverage for Axsome Therapeutics’ portfolio of products
- Lead pull-though initiatives that capitalize on formulary wins and lead push-though efforts in areas with access challenges
- Ensure compliance with Axsome Therapeutics’ corporate policies and procedures and U.S. healthcare laws and regulations
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, economics, or health sciences
- Minimum 10 years of successful National Account Management experience
- Demonstrated experience gaining formulary access for a launch product at multiple national payer accounts and PBMs
- Previous experience at a pre-commercial biopharmaceutical company
- Negotiation experience, preferably in competitive primary care therapeutic areas
- Analytical mindset and history of leveraging HEOR data to articulate a value story that ensures rapid formulary coverage of launch products
- Problem-solving mindset with demonstrated “lean-forward” approach and ability to think critically
- Strong understanding of the payer landscape and how payer decision making impacts providers and their patients
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with ability to influence decision makers and explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Previous product launch experience, preferably in the CNS space
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory landscape pertinent to the industry