KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
* Fluent in the English language.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills including effective listening.
* Excellent presentation skills in one-on-one and small group situations involving clients and associates.
SELLING SKILLS AND INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE:
* Strong knowledge of business-to-business sales including prospecting, business development, and account management.
* Demonstrated ability to sell using a variety of approaches and delivery platforms.
* Thorough knowledge of hotel and travel industry.
* Self-motivated with strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to set goals and achieve priorities.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; must function well under pressure, delegate effectively, and remain positive and constructive under stress.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated skills in the area of data and performance metrics.
* Ability to gather client information and analyze industry data to create client specific action plans and communications.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* Some travel is required depending on the account portfolio -- typically 25-50%.
* Associates Degree, at least 6 years of outside sales experience, with a minimum of 4 years' experience in complex sales; or the equivalent combination of the two.
* Must be pro-active and knowledgeable of creative sales activities and client interactions.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include infrequent evening and/or weekend meetings.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
* Hotel sales experience, particularly in the extended stay niche, is preferred but not required.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Director of National Account Sales is responsible for generating revenue by creating, maintaining, and growing relationships with ESA's largest customers. The Director of National Account Sales will be actively engaged at all times with their assigned accounts through ongoing sales interaction, qualification of opportunities, and consistently identifying areas for share growth for ESA. This involves developing account plans for each account, proactively seeking new business opportunities, developing and winning those opportunities, and building long term client partnerships.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
* Generate revenue growth using a consultative selling approach to maintain and expand relationships with large national and multi-regional accounts.
* Achieve revenue goals and other performance metrics for the assigned accounts.
* Create and implement strategic account plans to grow ESA's share of business with each account and deepen our partnership.
* Proactively work with assigned accounts to increase ESA's participation in their travel programs.
* Lead effective team selling efforts to translate our national agreement into actualized business at the local level.
* Maintain regular contact with all key account contacts including scheduled reviews to ensure the customer's needs and expectations are met by ESA.
* Use effective sales and negotiating skills to increase rates during the annual rate renewal process.
* Leverage sound business acquisition and retention strategies to cultivate both new and existing business relationships and achieve budgeted sales goals.
* Work collaboratively with the Account Services group to provide excellent client service to the account. This includes account onboarding, participation in account reviews, and ongoing/daily interaction to review actionable items, make recommendations for proposed solutions, and ensure the Account Services team has a clear understanding of client needs.
Strategy and Planning
* Conduct an account planning process to include performance objectives, financial targets, account growth plans and detailed action plans to continually grow revenue share.
* Develop strong client relationships including a deep understanding of account needs, buying behaviors and motivations, technical requirements, distribution channels, etc.
* Coordinate the involvement of formal and informal account teams to expand revenue from decentralized accounts through collaborative sales effort with members of the team in key demand markets.
* Create and target a list of prospective multi-regional accounts utilizing the Account Valuation Index and other resources
Training and Coaching
* Coach other members of the sales organization, including Regional Directors of Field Sales, Account Services Coordinators, operations team members to support account growth and client satisfaction.
* Seek ongoing training and coaching to improve sales effectiveness.
* Meet assigned targets for growing profitable sales volume and achieving strategic objectives for assigned accounts.
* Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned accounts.
* Identify and develop new business through personal sales efforts targeted to prospective accounts.
* Develop and saturate accounts to consistently identify and win additional extended stay business opportunities within assigned or identified accounts.
* Maximize ESA hotel participation in the RFP process for major accounts and use effective selling skills to grow the number of hotels accepted into the travel program in the accounts' major destination markets.
* Develop a thorough understanding of all electronic distribution systems used by assigned accounts. Establish connectivity and viewership for any booking platforms used to ensure ESA is accessible and easy to book for the accounts' travelers and agents.
* Work with the Client Service group to process direct bill applications and expedite the approval process.
* Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis to deepen client commitment to ESA.
* As necessary, lead service recovery efforts to promptly and thoroughly address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary ESA personnel.
* Monitor and submit reports on sales productivity to ESA management and customers. Provide detailed reporting to customers and internal managers as requested.
* Maintain accurate documentation of all account contact and sales activities within the CRM program.
* Contribute to the creation of standards and best practices in soliciting large accounts within ESA.
* Understand and use a variety of reports and sales technology aids to maximize revenue. These include STAR data, the daily ops report, hotel lists, in-house guest lists, ProClarity reporting, ClearSlide, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Agency 360, etc.
* Participate in periodic sales promotions as appropriate.