The NA Consumer PMM team works closely with our research & analytics teams to identify customer needs & pain points, distilling them into a prioritized set of development opportunities for the Product organization. It partners with Product Managers & Designers to help shape the product solutions. And when those solutions are ready this team develops the go-to-market strategy, in partnership with the brand & consumer strategy, to drive the successful launch and adoption of those products.
PMMs also frequently collaborates with their PMM peers across the globe to align opportunities and drive holistic and global go-to-market launch.
Product marketing is a multi-dimensional discipline at Paypal, requiring continual consumer engagement, broad and deep knowledge of technical products and platforms, communication skills to develop messages that resonate with the market, and sophisticated marketing skills to execute demand generation strategies.
The Head of NA Consumer PMM reports to the Director of Consumer Strategy, Planning & Product Marketing for North America and is part of the NA Consumer Marketing organization
- Be the expert on consumer payments and financial services product needs in your region
- Collect, distill, and communicate the top consumer product needs and opportunities
- Deeply understand our consumer products, their value propositions, and their roadmaps
- Translate product release into compelling value propositions that meet consumer segment needs
- Actively participate in product requirements and product validations, and serve as the key connection between product teams and consumers
- Team with regional marketing and sales to define and execute go-to-market plans
- Manage and coach a team of product marketing managers
- 10-15 years of product marketing, product management and / or consumer marketing experience, preferably in high-tech, financial services or commerce
- 5+ years of experience leading high performance teams
- 5+ years of software / technology product marketing, product management, or marketing experience
- Successful track record defining and delivering products driven by proactive customer research, including defining global needs, positioning, and go-to-market
- Deep experience leading qualitative and quantitative research, to understand consumer needs and translating them into product and marketing strategies that have succeeded in the marketplace
- Experience working effectively in a heavily cross functional, fast-paced environment, especially working across our product, sales, research & consumer marketing teams, and with external agencies
- Highly effective communicator, who interacts with clarity and purpose, and who has experience interacting at all levels of organization
- Process driven individual who has effectively managed and executed complex, multi-layer work streams in a matrix organization
- Strategic thinker who understands the big picture but can also manage the tactical details
- Passion for Paypal and its mission
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.