DePuy Synthes is part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies and is currently recruiting for a Director of Communication & Public Affairs to be located in Raynham, MA, Warsaw, IN or West Chester, PA.
As the world's leading Orthopaedic company, we are committed to a world where patients have access to care that is personalized and connected. Together with customers, we are shaping the future of healthcare with technically and clinically advanced innovations that create value for the global healthcare system.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Are you ready to make an impact? Position Summary:
In this role, you will lead the development of regional strategies to help drive orthopedics business objectives and enhance the reputation of the franchise and Enterprise. On a day to day basis, work on implementation of integrated strategic communications programs to ensure communications are connected to and supportive of the company's overall communications objectives and priorities. This role is also responsible for providing strategic communications support and counsel to the US DePuy Synthes President and will be a member of the US Leadership team.
The Communications Leader will be a source of ideas and counsel for the DePuy Synthes Leadership Team as well as directly accountable for the business's external and internal communications programs, brand and trade public relations strategy and tactics, ongoing issues management, and community relations. You wll partner with Global Communication leader on major initiatives, and for handling all public relations activities. You will work closely with colleagues in multiple functions, including Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain and Legal, to execute communications programs that lead to growth, support innovation, increase employee engagement while enhancing J&J's corporate reputation among internal/external stakeholders. Responsibilities:
- Works as a lead on the WW team to create comprehensive communication strategies for North America aligned with business priorities to enable franchise growth.
- Lead team responsible for creating and executing proactive communication programs that drive health care professional awareness/loyalty and patient pull-through, while enhancing the reputation of our franchise.
- Responsible for developing and launching major disease o
- r consumer awareness campaigns and large product campaigns.
- Partner with GCPA centers of excellence to advance media opportunities, thought leadership programs, organizational/change communications, and manage product and platform issues.
- Establish a close working relationship with senior Medical Device Leaders as well as with colleagues from the Enterprise, including Government Affairs and Policy, Innovation, Supply Chain, Enterprise Media Relations, Investor Relations and Business Development.
- Coordinates issues management in partnership with the issues management leader.
- Aligns with and executes Enterprise employee engagement plan to fully inform and align employees of regional goals and progress.
- Create and direct the creation of effective, innovative world class communications materials such as articles, slide decks, videos, speeches, social media content, etc. appropriate for a wide variety of external and internal stakeholders.
- Incorporate digital and social media platforms into communications strategy.
- Manage relationships with external firms on key projects, as needed.
- Effectively communicating with sales teams to engage their support for PR efforts.
- Serves on the US Leadership Team and provides senior business leader counsel.
- coordinating with and helping to build the core capabilities for MD.
- Effectively manages and leverages agencies, consultants and budgets.
- Manages team, develops talent and reinforces creative, leading-edge communication practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 10 years experience in stakeholder communications or related field
- Skilled working in a global function with consideration of global issues and influences in healthcare
- Success in the counsel and influence of senior leaders
- Ability to lead and manage a team with direct and indirect authority
- Experience handling multiple priorities in a matrix environment with a demonstrated ability to get results through influence management and sometimes amid ambiguity
- A high tolerance for change and pressure; high flexibility and a steady temperament
- Demonstrates expert judgment in critical decision-making on issues impacting corporate reputation
- External and internal (i.e. employee engagement, employee relations, or employee engagement) communications
- Experience in delivering measurable business outcomes for both professional and consumer-facing PR programs
- Experience managing large-scale global branded PR campaigns
- A high degree of personal initiative, as well as outstanding skills as it relates to teamwork, listening, verbal & written communication, storytelling, relationship building and project management
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to deliver messages through an authentic voice
Want to be part of something great? Don't forget to apply. We want you!
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline
- Current or previous experience working in healthcare or a highly regulated environment with an understanding of regional health authorities
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function