The Director, MSL’s—Transplant will be responsible for the following:
- Continually monitor the evolving healthcare environment and adapt the MSL team in order to address scientific needs of internal and external stakeholders within the Medical Product Unit
- Serve as the MA lead with internal and alliance stakeholders
- Lead, manage, coach and develop MSL in support of overall business objectives for delivery of scientific communications of strategic importance to Takeda.
- Develops Field Medical strategies and directs MSL resources
- Alignment of MSL activities with strategic and compliance objectives to support Medical Product Unit.
- Direct management of field medical (MSL and FME) including goal setting, development, and performance management.
- Represent Field Medical on all appropriate internal cross functional committees
- Approve strategy and plan for MSL coverage of professional meetings.
- Ensure training and oversee implementation and adherence to SOPs, and compliance guidelines.
- Create and maintain communication channels with internal stakeholders.
- Track and communicate MSL TA key accomplishments and insights to internal stakeholders.
- Approve MSL therapeutic area training plans.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum of 4 years of managerial experience of individuals with an advanced scientific degree in a field-based group in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven track record of strong strategic leadership, teamwork, innovation, project management and demonstrated ability to manage, lead and mentor individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory guidelines of pharmaceutical industry.
- Extremely self-confident, possess a strong work ethic, and continually focused on product improvement, innovation, and bottom-line results.
- Preferred Candidates will have knowledge of the transplant therapeutic area
- Preferred Candidates will have experience with ‘institution or key account’ focused MSL teams.
- Must live in/near a major city/airport.