It's an exciting time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. We are revolutionizing the way people watch their favorite shows and movies, and building our own library of original Netflix content for all to enjoy. Visit our Culture Memo and Long-Term View to learn more about our unique Netflix culture and our bold goals for the future.
This position will be based in Los Gatos or Los Angeles and be part of our Employee Services organization. The person will lead our team of Mobility professionals who are responsible for consulting with and guiding our candidates/employees through their relocation/immigration experience. This is not your typical Mobility role where you oversee strict policies and enforce compliance rules. Instead, your role is to build a deep understanding of our business needs and evolve the Mobility program by establishing a long-term strategy and implementing the appropriate infrastructure to support our scale+growth. Together with your team, your work will allow our stunning colleagues to be in the right location at the right time removing distractions to enable them to focus on their roles.
In this role:
- You will build trusting relationships with our Leadership team, inspiring confidence that you both understand the business challenges and can effectively communicate a strategic vision and execute against this plan.
- You will build for scale, so we need to ensure our model delivers a smooth experience allowing our mobile workforce to focus on what they do best and support our growth in headcount across the globe.
- You will lead a team of experienced colleagues, bring clarity to their work and build cohesion across the team to inspire collaboration and trust ensuring they are both challenged and resourced to deliver an amazing employee experience.
- You will not get bogged down in process and compliance. At Netflix, we would rather focus on simplicity and innovation.
- You will work cross functionally to help Netflix scale quickly and efficiently without relying on process and rules to achieve this goal. This could involve opening offices in new countries or scaling operations in existing countries leveraging internal and external resources.
- You will ensure our vendor partners are delivering optimal service to our mobile workforce in a manner which is culturally aligned, supports scale and removes distractions for candidates/employees.
To be successful you must have:
- Subject matter expert. Deep knowledge of the mobility landscape including the latest trends in immigration, relocation, taxation, cross border commuting, as well as experience implementing emerging technologies which help manage complexity.
- Global EQ. You have personally lived the relocation experience, preferable lived in 2 or more countries which allows you to take an empathetic approach towards the people you support.
- Passion. As a people leader you will have the ability to build awesome global teams and inspire with confidence.
- Thought partner. A consulting mindset with the ability to innovate bringing progressive ideas to our mobility program.
- Vendor management expertise. Be successful at negotiating the best deals for Netflix while selecting the right external partners to allow our mobility program to scale. Once selected, lead the external partners as a true extension of your team.
- Ability to collaborate. You have the ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams understanding there is not one single voice making decisions.