We need a vision-obsessed professional to own and drive the evolution of the my Sun Life mobile app. Our 4.5-star rated app is a client's gateway to the Sun Life experience, bringing together the Group retirement, Group Benefits, and Sun Life Advisor experience in one holistic experience.
The role requires a product management focus for the mobile app. The candidate will be required to define, pitch and deliver a strategic plan and development roadmap for the mobile app. This plan must deliver compelling client value, strong ROI, and deliver on key strategic needs from Canadian business partners. Integrating client experience expertise, sound engineering support, and highly skilled development teams, the result will be a highly extensible, flexible, secure and reliable app experience for Sun Life clients across Canada.
The candidate will manage product owners leading agile teams driving new capabilities for the mobile platform. In addition to these build activities, the candidate will own the full app experience, including data security, user issues, reporting and research.
What will you do?
- Managing product owner(s) leading agile development of the mobile roadmap
- Competitive analysis and closely monitoring emerging tech trends and capabilities
- Working across multiple business lines within Canada to create an integrated mobile strategy
- Smooth delivery of frequent releases
- Collaboration with professionals ranging from client experience, data analysts, architects, and creative and adoption teams.
- Define success metrics and oversee reporting to senior forums
- Own budget planning and management for app development and adoption tactics
- Advocate for best practices in the mobile channel
- Monitoring client uptake and usage trends
- Integrate client, advisor, and plan sponsor feedback into planning cycles
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrated experience in mobile product ownership
- Experience leading agile software development teams
- Financial services expertise
- Strong collaboration skills, working with cross-Business Unit groups to deliver an integrated mobile strategy and roadmap
- Excellent problem solving skills to analyze options and arrive at the best solution
- Strong influencing skills, ability to present a compelling argument for change
- Innovative thinking that can break down barriers and provide unique solutions
- Continuous learning mind-set in order to test-and-learn
- Analytical skills to provide an in-depth view of success drivers
- Expert written and verbal communications skills
- Broad financial services knowledge
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to create compelling digital experiences for millions of Canadians
- A strong product to build upon and take to the next level
- Open space for innovation