The successful candidate will be the Mining Industry leader within the Mining Industry Programs Group, supporting group incremental orders growth of >$10M per year. The role requires an individual with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational agility skills both at executive and peer group levels as they lead an Industry segment focused on business growth and supporting and working with relevant world areas to achieve that growth. The candidate will also work closely with internal sales and marketing personnel to provide deep understanding of key business drivers and KPIs to position Emerson as a strategic partner for our customers’ digital transformation journey and IIoT strategies.
- Help shape the Emerson customer engagement strategy.
- Support sales in customer meetings, project pursuits and Industry training
- Understand the key industry dynamics to maximize both greenfield and brownfield business
- Identify new growth opportunities and work with Business and Sales leaders to assess competitors, our readiness to serve and propose alliance or acquisition targets
- Work with the sales and marketing groups to set the framework for an Operational Excellence message that leverages Industrial Internet of Things (Industry 4.0) opportunities in the Mining Industry.
- Work with Strategic Accounts, Focus Sites and Business Groups to develop and support Operational Excellence Workshops and Seminars. Help identify industry-specific capabilities needed in the Emerson Digital Ecosystem.
- Support Industry Thought Leadership - working closely with Group Marketing. Advance the marketing and message elevation of our Industry Solutions and support relevant world area trade events as an Industry SME and voice of the customer.
- Be recognized as the leader of the Mining Industry across Emerson through monthly communications, business area and sales support and regularly reviews with internal stakeholders.
- Support strategic planning activities at both global and regional levels.
- Location Flexible – Santiago, or possibly Minneapolis, Denver or Las Vegas
- 8+ years relevant industry experience
- Engineering Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Deep understanding of Mining industry operations and commercial management systems
- Strong understanding of the role of mechanical reliability in mining. Familiarity with the practice of Reliability Centered Maintenance (John Moubray’s RCMII) is desired
- Understanding of Mining industry management and automation systems architecture, functions and process and the supporting field level equipment.
- Able to work both in a small team environment and to collaborate across Emerson’s global, highly complex organization
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills; ability to develop presentations for varied audiences including Emerson’s sales team and senior leadership. Fluency in Spanish is also desired.
- 50-75% domestic and international travel
- Deep understanding of Terminal commercial order to cash process, including planning, scheduling, order execution, inventory management reconciliation and supporting Commercial and Operations Management systems
- Understanding of terminal management and automation systems architecture, functions and process and the supporting field level equipment & procedures for marine, pipelines, rail and truck loading modalities.
- Able to work both in a small team environment and able to collaborate across Emerson’s global, highly complex organization is important
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills; ability to develop presentations for varied audiences include Emerson’s sales team and senior leadership
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.