This is your opportunity to join A&M PEPI’s MI&C team - and develop an impressive range of operational skills. Benefiting from early client exposure and learning from some of the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of some of the largest, most complex and high profile deals in US.
Our Merger Integration & Carve-outs (MI&C) service line brings a structured and disciplined approach to create and capture value. We provide corporate and equity buyers with a broad continuum of knowledge and tools for mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, joint ventures and alliances.
The team works across the full spectrum of the deal lifecycle from pre-deal operational and synergy reviews to 'Day 1' planning and post deal implementation. In addition the team has expertise in developing and reviewing restructuring and turnaround plans and identifying operational risks. Our services include due diligence (commercial, operational), Integration Management Office, synergy, TSA, integration planning, Day 1 Readiness, and post-close execution.
MI&C is a growing business targeting high growth in the next 2-4 years. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and build leadership skills. The MI&C leadership team is focused on providing career development, training and exposure to international business assignments.
Build your skillset by providing valuable insight into how an entire business goes through the change process. And as we help our PE clients outperform the market, you will add real value too. All the while, you can broaden your experience across industry groups and enjoy unlimited opportunities to progress as part of a fast-growing team.
- Director-level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement
- Depending on the deal size, managers may lead the entire IMO or a focus area within the Integration Management Office (IMO) – Synergies, TSAs, Blueprinting, Day 1 Readiness, Executive Reporting, Integration Roadmap, Communications, Organizational Design
- Directors will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for PE clients and their portfolio companies
- Providing interim functional management as required
- Leading Day 1 and Day 100 Planning, execution and driving performance improvement in key areas:
- Strategic planning
- Operational optimization /consolidation
- Back office consolidation
- Supply chain
- IT / reporting integration
- Customer and channel management
- Actively driving performance improvement assessments, across an enterprise, and overseeing the implementation of recommendations.
- Tracking progress against Day 1 and Day 100 objectives and adjusting integration strategies or personnel as required
- Directors implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Directors participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Directors can lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events
- People Development: Perform role of coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- 7-10+ years of professional consulting experience, specializing in merger integration, business transformation, and change management
- Experience in integration planning and divestitures a plus, but not required
- Experience in leading one or more work streams in a business transformation
- Deep functional expertise in several of the following areas:
- Finance & Accounting operations
- HR / Organizational design
- Role and Job Analysis
- Leadership and Stakeholder Involvement
- Communications planning and management
- Supply Chain / Operations
- Salesforce effectiveness
- Marketing optimization
- Pricing/Margin/Mix optimization
- Knowledge Management and Transfer
- Success at both planning revenue growth and profitability growth initiatives and driving them, operationally
- Program management and leadership experience
- Specific experiencedesigning and leading the execution of internally-focused and externally-focused change/communications strategies
- MBA preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Initiative and drive
- Critical thinking skills
- Flexibility to travel at least 75% of time