Director, Merchant Loyalty & Partnerships
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Merchant Loyalty & PartnershipsOverview
The Merchant Loyalty and Partnerships (MLP) Business Leader will work within the Global Loyalty Solutions team with a focus on the North American market to grow and expand Mastercard’s loyalty business. As a part of Mastercard Services and Data, Loyalty Solutions is a highly collaborative organization working with a wide range of local, North American, and Globally based teams to serve clients.
The incumbent will report to the NAM MLP lead and support the account management of existing clients as well as business development with target prospects. The key area of focus will be to drive the growth of the Mastercard Traveler Rewards (MTR) program, which provides benefits for premium international cardholders visiting the US market. The core objectives of the role are to:
• Support the sourcing of new merchants and retention of existing merchant relationships in MTR and other merchant funded offer programs via both direct relationships and 3rd party aggregators
• Oversee and project manage the portfolio of US merchants participating in MTR and other Mastercard sponsored programs in partnership with US Market Development including upsell and cross sell of other Services
• Provide subject matter expertise on loyalty trends and Mastercard’s products and solutions
• Identify opportunities for new product development and enhancement to meet client needs in the US and Canadian market
Mastercard has a wide range of loyalty assets such as merchant funded rewards, standalone merchant loyalty, Card Linked Offers (CLO), Card Linked Services (CLS), redemption opportunities, data analytics and marketing services. These services enable merchants to acquire new customers, cross sell to existing customers, drive sales and win-back lapsed customers at a high return on investment. The services can be stand alone or delivered in partnership with financial institutions, non-financial institutions and other third party providers.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting merchant relationships as a trusted advisor to deliver on partner business objectives (customer acquisition, engagement, retention)
• Lead the development of merchant presentations
• Conduct internal financial planning and budgeting for a portfolio of accounts, measure and manage account performance against KPIs
• Coordinate development and presentation of merchant reporting
• Represents Mastercard for the MTR program; new/add-on business, pricing questions, product capabilities and enhancements, tracks issues and requests
• Ensure the timely and successful delivery of new business according to customer needs and objectives by providing project oversight and management, and coordination with cross-functional teams
• Liaise internally with business partners including US Merchant Development, Advisors and Product
All About You
• Strong sales expertise with excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills combined with ability to effectively communicate to many audiences, from technical resources to client marketing leads
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
• The ideal candidate must be an entrepreneurial team player focused on delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
• Prior business development/sales experience required
• Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Competency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PPT