The Director, Product Merchandising, Women's Grand (Sport) Footwear, will be responsible for developing a strategic footwear assortment to drive and expand this business and category. This role will act as the product champion in driving strategies, line development and product knowledge for the Company. This role is an integral partner to departments within the company as well as interacts externally with key accounts to ensure products are successful in the marketplace.
To do so, the Director will demonstrate a thorough understanding of and lead cross-functional thinking around Cole Haan's strategies, current and future consumers, the competitive context, retail/wholesale partner requirements, and prior years' selling.
- Develop brand right assortments across all channels of distribution and achieve marketplace excellence, revenue growth and profitability goals.
- Maintain a current understanding of key consumer and competitive trends driving the Women's sport sneaker / athleisure inspired footwear category.
- Communicate insights to inform both Design and Product Development during seasonal kick off and use as an input to the development of merchandising strategies.
Product Pricing and Profitability
- Manage the category to achieve revenue and margin goals.
- Lead the development of line/assortment plan and pricing strategy.
- Partner with Product Development and Design leadership to improve product margins.
- Partner with planning functions across Cole Haan to develop a deep expertise around the key drivers of the Women's Grand footwear business across the channel and within each channel that can inform line plan and assortment development.
Product Line Planning
- Responsible for line building development, trends and current sales on a timely basis, to ensure opportunities are maximized and challenges are addressed.
- Ensure that products are built and continuously maintained within the PLM framework to reflect changes in the plan.
- Accountable for keeping the product line plans synchronized with the category and brand strategy.
- Partner with channel and planning leadership as required to ensure successful implantation of their channel assortment at buys and in store.
- Present the Women's Grand footwear assortment at Sale Meetings and/or various marketing venues to ensure that channels and leadership understand the seasonal strategies underlying the broader assortment, key items and key strategies for their corresponding areas.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Minimum 8 years' experience in women's footwear merchandising management within a vertically integrated retailer, experience working across price points, footwear classifications and channels
- Proven success managing a line building process and meeting associated metrics (margins, revenue goals, etc)
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing assortments
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience managing a team