Job Title: Director, Global Merchandising, Outlet Handbags and Ecomm Business
Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home décor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color—Kate Spade New York’s founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in merchandising to...
- Develop, lead and communicate the merchandising product and assortment strategy for Outlet Handbags and Ecomm Leathergoods
- Create relevant, cohesive and compelling brand-right product assortments that drive business, building newness while not excluding the needs of current customers
- Partner with Design and Product Development to build and execute an assortment that addresses brand strategies and customer needs. Drive communication of costing needs to maintain margin targets.
- Partner and build effective relationships with Global Merchandise Planning (GMP) and Business Units to effectively influence and drive objectives/customer needs, and identify product opportunities globally.
- Actively partner with merchandising peers to ensure synergy across total the total product strategy and execution.
- Analyze sales on a weekly basis to gain comprehensive understanding of the state of the business and make recommendations to drive business growth. Provide global analysis that drives decisions and overall strategy
- Identify product opportunities through regular hind-sighting that incorporates: consumer research, business feedback and sales performance analysis.
- Maintain an in depth and up to date awareness of the competitive landscape through store visits, on-line review, events, markets, and other means to identify opportunities for future growth and opportunities for the category.
- Maintain updated knowledge of key competitor distribution and pricing strategies.
- Manage team to meet key deliverables, while successfully supporting their growth and development.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Excellent product sensibility and conceptual ability with on-trend vision, balancing high taste level and data points with gut instinct
- Experience creating and executing long term product strategies
- Previous experience owning product assortment
- Deep understanding of product development, including cost engineering to drive profitability
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math and financial acumen
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience driving process improvements
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability for business
- An exceptional communicator up, down and across the organization
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership and managerial skills with ability to motivate, develop a team and influence partners
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 10 years merchandising/buying experience with a focus on Leathergoods
- Minimum 3-4 years people management experience