The Director of Merchandising – FH Retail will be given a rare opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing brand and division. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. This is a key role in the Retail Merchant Team and is accountable for continual success of an owned product category and future growth. You will play a lead role in creating the store product assortments while partnering with key members of the Retail Team in progressing a profitable businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and define a merchandising vision and business strategy while reporting to the Sr. Director of Factory House and part of a vertical team of peer merchants; influence and coach a secondary product vision with a developing product team.
- Oversee and coach a team of merchants in a scaled business for revenue and personal development success.
- Create and optimize product assortment in Factory House channel that will maximize potential for revenue and profit.
- Partner and lead a team of cross functional procedure experts assigned to the same category that include a Planning partner, Allocation Analyst, and Visual Merchandising partner.
- Align and partner with in-line Men's partners to drive the FH Men's vision and reach aggressive growth potential.
- Create a merchandising flow calendar that identifies key items, trends, and product launches appropriate to the product category.
- Define and implement category pricing strategy appropriate to each channel.
- Represent Retail at the merchandising and design meetings while working with the brand merchant teams.
- Determine strategy for floor planograms for product placement. Influence collateral needs for product placement and emphasis.
- Analyze sales trends and make recommendations for strategic action.
- Analyze historical sales performances and use as influence in making merchandising strategies for anniversary time periods.
- Foster positive relationships with the stores and getting their feedback and insight as to product needs and consumer reactions to product assortments and items.
- Facilitate and prepare line reviews for product category of responsibility.
Senior Merchant(s), Merchant(s), Associate Merchant(s), Assistant Merchant(s)
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent leadership and partnership skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to be part of a team, set challenging standards, develop strong partnerships, and lead others to action.
- Knowledge of Apparel product lines and Under Armour’s position within the industry.
- Knowledge or experiences with performance product a plus.
- Ability to communicate product strategies verbally and in writing.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
- Eight years plus merchandising or buying experience in a progressive, high growth retail organization.