National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
Learn more about working at the National Retail Federation.
NRF is seeking a Director, Member Communications to join its Member Relations Department. The Director will be responsible for managing membership communications and initiatives across NRF; ensuring membership content, initiatives, campaigns, activities and operations align with the organization’s membership goals and objectives; and maintaining and developing member relations through stable and reliable communications and availability of association services.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Manages membership communications strategy; writes, edits and updates content for electronic and print communications
- Creates, develops and implements membership marketing campaigns; includes lead generation, campaign development, e-mail marketing, list maintenance and renewal
- Partners with key stakeholders and internal members to coordinate engagement and incorporate member feedback in broader industry initiatives
- Conducts satisfaction surveys; measures and evaluates activities; uses results to continue to improve membership retention and value, and maintain marketing personas and segmentation strategies, and refine efforts
- Spearheads member acquisition and member engagement through promotion of membership programs and legislative efforts
- Implements annual and long-term membership plans, including effective and creative strategies for membership recruitment and retention
- Supports preparation of public information including print pieces, annual reports, press releases & e-blasts
- Leads efforts to establish and maintain an accurate member contact database
- Develops and executes onboarding process for new members
- Provides member support; includes responding to inquiries and resolving issues, membership renewal assistance, website troubleshooting, and member demographic updates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ in member development, member marketing, or member communications
- Strong writing skills with a membership branding focus
- Ability to conceptualize, produce and disseminate high-quality materials
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities efficiently and professionally in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including excellent telephone manner
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, including Google Analytics; ability to create surveys and analyze results
- Top notch computer skills including word processing, MS Outlook and database management experience, experience with netForum preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with SalesForce CRM system
- Strong attention to detail and quality work product
- Some travelrequired