Responsible for directing and managing the daily operations of Bon Secours Virginia Health System designated medical staff services offices. Promotes an effective working relationship between physicians and hospital staff. Acts as a liaison between medical staff and hospital administration. Lead and facilitate medical staff services market initiatives as assigned. Work closely with the Administrative Director Medical Staff Services Virginia on statewide initiatives, standardization, and centralized credentialing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Health Information, Management, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- Will consider with a minimum of 8 – 10 years of experience, highly skilled, and NAMSS certification as either a CPCS and/or CPMSM.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Healthcare Administration, BA or related field of study preferred.
Minimum of 5 – 7 years in healthcare management at a mid to senior level role in medical staff services/credentialing required.
- Certified by the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) or a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or obtain certification within one (1) year of hire.
- Proven performance competencies in the following:
- Strategic leadership
- Results driven
- Technical leadership skills
- Developing and leading high performance teams
- Multihospital health system experience (preferred)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with regulatory standards such as The Joint Commission (TJC), CMS, NCQA, state, local, and other regulatory bodies.