Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 35 days ago
• Develop professional relationships and communicate with national and regional scientific leaders to ensure access to medical and scientific information on areas of therapeutic interest and Merck products.
• Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with those scientific leaders to ensure they have a medical contact within Merck.
• Review headquarters-directed education and training to maintain current knowledge and understanding of dynamic scientific and clinical environment in Merck’s areas of interest.
• Direct scientific leader inquiries on issues outside of MSL scope of responsibilities (e.g., research, grants) to appropriate Merck resources consistent with applicable policies.
• When requested by Merck Research Laboratories (MRL), serve as a resource for the identification of potential investigators for consideration for participating in phase II-IV clinical development programs.
• In response to unsolicited requests from scientific leaders, provide areas of interest and general high-level
information regarding the Merck Investigator Study Program process.
• Serve as a role model for other field medical team members, including on-boarding and/or therapeutic training partner.
• Attend scientific and medical meetings.
Education Minimum Requirement: MD, PharmD, or PhD
Required Experience and Skills:
• Clinical (patient care) or deep research experience in assigned therapeutic area(s) beyond that obtained in the terminal degree program.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience and proven performance in a field medical affairs role in pharmaceutical industry. Capable of conducting doctoral level discussions with key customers
• Strong focus on scientific education and dialogue
• Business and market knowledge, including quality management.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
• Must possess a thorough understanding of FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws, and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry and its customers.
• Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Field-based medical experience
• Clinical (patient care) or deep research experience in insomnia or other areas of sleep
• Clinical experience in other CNS therapeutic areas (such as psychiatry or neurology) or with CNS disorders in primary care
• Clinical research experience
• Record of scientific/medical publication
Requisition ID: MED004257