Conduct vaccine research for bacterial diseases of swine that provide solutions including novel entities for treatment and control of bacterial diseases associated with bacteria.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiates and completes customary procedures in an independent and efficient manner; Troubleshoots effectively and solves scientific problems independently; Operates scientific/lab equipment and is independently responsible for maintenance.
- Designs and executes non-routine experiments on a basis of literature analyses with minimal supervision.
- Independently applies basic scientific principles, performs literature searches, attends scientific meetings, and keeps abreast of literature in own field.
- Proposes new experiments/technologies based on science as well as overall understanding of research/development process; Demonstrates expertise in field and contributes to training technicians and junior level scientists.
- Effectively communicates and defends own work in the context of team and department goals both orally and in writing.
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics; Write protocols, procedures, and technical reports; Provide input for scientific reports.
- Complies with applicable regulations, performing all work in a safe manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Ensure laboratory facility and equipments are well maintained.
- Stay current with policies and SOPs regarding safe operations in the laboratory. Ensure laboratory technicians are well trained and up-to-date with respect to safety and handling of infectious agents.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate, national and local authority regulations.
Scientist III, Bacterial Research Requirements:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of three (3) years or experience in related scientific discipline; or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in related scientific discipline.
- A background in bacteriology and vaccine development is required.
- Experiences in the science of bacteriology and the control of bacterial infections including structural biology, cultivation of and analysis of microbes is essential.
- Supplemental technical courses in area of expertise.
- Familiarity with CVB vaccine development requirements.
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment with independence.
- Ability to draft technical reports.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
- Concise and accurate reporting of technical data and interpretation thereof.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Able to act for supervisor in his/her absence.
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations.
- The role requires highly motivated, dependable and well-organized team-player who is able to operate with minimal supervision.
Scientist II, Bacterial Research Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 2 years experience in related scientific discipline or Master’s Degree in related scientific discipline with no experience
- Hands-on Experiences in the science of bacteriology and the control of bacterial infections including structural biology, cultivation of and analysis of microbes is essential.
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Apply knowledge of basic theory and scientific principles
- Able to draft portions of technical reports
- Ability to learn new technology and concepts and apply appropriately with minimal supervision
- Concise and accurate reporting of technical data and information
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
- The role requires highly motivated, dependable and well-organized individual who is able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.