The Medical Managed Care Director (MMCD) provides comprehensive medical and scientific information in connection with Sanofi Genzyme products. The Director assists in the development of Integrated Medical Plans, including, Medical Communications and Publications, Medical Liaisons, Health Outcomes for assigned products. The MMCD assists in providing medical leadership and expertise to sales, marketing, legal and regulatory functions for marketed products and drug in development and ensure strategic and cross functional alignment across the organization to achieve the medical mission of supporting safe and appropriate use of a particular brand. The MMCD will support the review and approval of materials going through the commercial review committee and/or medical material review committee. Additionally, the MMCD will support Sanofi Genzyme’s commitment to build strong relationships with healthcare professionals, patients and payers. The Director will strategically support our collaborations with these key external stakeholders and is an expert in Sanofi Genzyme therapeutic areas. The Director champions these external perspectives across internal functional groups and develops innovative strategies for the Medical team to meet the dynamic needs of the external community. In partnership with multiple internal stakeholders, the Director will aid in developing short and long-term strategies to integrate and advance the communication and needs of the specialty community. This individual will be a member of the Sanofi Genzyme North American Medical Affairs team. The individual will have the ability to:
- Work with cross-functional US Managed Markets teams to coordinate the appropriate response to the medical and scientific needs of the customer. Develop appropriate Medical Action plans for assigned healthcare organizations.
- Ensure collaboration and a cross-functional team approach to meet customer medical needs with medical (MSLs, HEOR, Medical Dirs), when appropriate.
- Support the integration of customer insight in shaping medical strategies, tactics, tools, approaches and business intelligence.
- Provide insight, input and support towards development of Medical information and Health outcomes communication strategy and action planning for various healthcare organizations within the USMM (e.g. National MCOs and PBMs, LTC and otherhealthcare organizations).
- Provide input and support towards development of appropriate product specific tools and tactics that enhance the dissemination of key medical, scientific and health outcomes information.
- Provide input and support for the development and delivery of appropriate training tools /materials (e.g. product Dossier, Slide kits, articles, review summaries etc.).
- Training - Develop mechanisms to disseminate scientific and HEOR data to appropriate stakeholders.Internal training as needed for US Managed Markets (USMM) andotherdivisions.
- 10+ years’ experience as medical/clinical executive within Managedhealthcare (i.e. MCO, PBM, PPO, VA/DOD, LTC, etc.)
- Extensive clinical and pharmaceutical background with specialty medicine
- Broad knowledge of HEOR disciplines including drafting clinical & HO documents (i.e. clinical protocols, clinical reports, integrated summaries and/or a clinical development plans) as well as an in-depth understanding of clinical statistics and evidenced based medicine.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking and negotiation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to independently work under pressure in a compliant and highly regulated environment while managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to influence without authority in a highly matrixed environment
- Strategic approach to problem-solving considering all of the potential implications of key decisions and messaging
- Experience with clinical health care delivery in the United States andbiotechnologydrug or device development process
Education: Degree: Doctoral degree- MD, PharmD, or PhD (clinical) strongly preferred
Physical Requirements of the Job
- This job has specific physical requirements (e.g. lifting, driving, ability to travel, etc.) Please specify: Driving and ability to travel. Lifting suitcase while traveling.
- Travel requirements: Up to 70% (with time managed between home office and field).
NW Territory & HI