The Medical Managed Care Director (MMCD) provides comprehensive medical and scientific information in connection with Sanofi Genzyme products. The Director assists in the development of Integrated Medical Plans, including, Medical Communications and Publications, Medical Liaisons, Health Outcomes for assigned products. The MMCD assists in providing medical leadership and expertise to sales, marketing, legal and regulatory functions for marketed products and drug in development and ensure strategic and cross functional alignment across the organization to achieve the medical mission of supporting safe and appropriate use of a particular brand. The MMCD will support the review and approval of materials going through the commercial review committee and/or medical material review committee. Additionally, the MMCD will support Sanofi Genzyme’s commitment to build strong relationships with healthcare professionals, patients and payers. The Director will strategically support our collaborations with these key external stakeholders and is an expert in Sanofi Genzyme therapeutic areas. The Director champions these external perspectives across internal functional groups and develops innovative strategies for the Medical team to meet the dynamic needs of the external community. In partnership with multiple internal stakeholders, the Director will aid in developing short and long-term strategies to integrate and advance the communication and needs of the specialty community. This individual will be a member of the Sanofi Genzyme North American Medical Affairs team. The individual will have the ability to:
- Ability to support medical unit with advocacy review committee, publications and training.
- Understand medical and business strategy to develop integral regional plans that supports overall franchise goals of organization/BU.
- Provide US Medical leadership with customer insights and correlating business recommendations.
- Provide insights that have significant impact on clinical trial design.
- Develops unique Field Medical tactics/concepts for consideration.
All proposed strategies and projects developed must be approved by appropriate review committees before implementation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as medical lead for the assigned national/regional accounts and other identified healthcare organizations.
- Develop and maintain credible and independent relationships with key medical, pharmacy, quality & health economics/outcomes/analytics opinion leaders within assigned accounts.
- Alignment of product, therapeutic area and disease state strategies with account scientific and medical objectives
- Provide timely clinical, economic and scientific product updates in response to unsolicited requests per standard operating procedure (including Dossier and Portfolio presentations) for Scientific Formulary decision making
- Develop strategic medical partnerships related to clinical, evidence-based and disease management/health outcome initiatives.
- Facilitate the development and placement of appropriate clinical/ health outcomes and population health management studies with appropriate field, home office support and consistent with all policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provide innovative input and support to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and internal teams that result in creation of tools, resources, approaches and Best Practice Disease/Population and Health Economic Models.
- Develop strategic medical partnership and affiliations with appropriate national/regional medical/payer associations.
- Provide input and support in development/implementation and participation in Sanofi Genzyme scientific advisory boards and symposia. Attend & participate as appropriate in Medical/HO & Managed Market conferences.
- Maintain communication flow with internal and external teams.
- Develop specific medical action plans (MAP) for the assigned accounts per approved policies, procedures and guidelines for medical interface.
Cross Functional Interfaces:
- Work with cross-functional US Managed Markets teams to coordinate the appropriate response to the medical and scientific needs of the customer. Develop appropriate Medical Action plans for assigned healthcare organizations.
- Ensure collaboration and a cross-functional team approach to meet customer medical needs with medical (MSLs, HEOR, Medical Dirs), when appropriate.
- Support the integration of customer insight in shaping medical strategies, tactics, tools, approaches and business intelligence.
- Provide insight, input and support towards development of Medical information and Health outcomes communication strategy and action planning for various healthcare organizations within the USMM (e.g. National MCOs and PBMs, LTC and otherhealthcare organizations).
- Provide input and support towards development of appropriate product specific tools and tactics that enhance the dissemination of key medical, scientific and health outcomes information.
- Provide input and support for the development and delivery of appropriate training tools /materials (e.g. product Dossier, Slide kits, articles, review summaries etc.).
- Training - Develop mechanisms to disseminate scientific and HEOR data to appropriate stakeholders.Internal training as needed for US Managed Markets (USMM) andotherdivisions.
- At least 5+ years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong understanding of current USHealthcaresystem
- 10+ years’ experience as medical/clinical executive within Managedhealthcare (i.e. MCO, PBM, PPO, VA/DOD, LTC, etc.)
- Extensive clinical and pharmaceutical background with specialty medicine
- Broad knowledge of HEOR disciplines including drafting clinical & HO documents (i.e. clinical protocols, clinical reports, integrated summaries and/or a clinical development plans) as well as an in-depth understanding of clinical statistics and evidenced based medicine.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking and negotiation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to independently work under pressure in a compliant and highly regulated environment while managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to influence without authority in a highly matrixed environment
- Strategic approach to problem-solving considering all of the potential implications of key decisions and messaging
- Experience with clinical health care delivery in the United States andbiotechnologydrug or device development process
Education: Degree: Doctoral degree- MD, PharmD, or PhD (clinical) strongly preferred
Physical Requirements of the Job
- This job has specific physical requirements (e.g. lifting, driving, ability to travel, etc.) Please specify: Driving and ability to travel. Lifting suitcase while traveling.
- Travel requirements: Up to 70% (with time managed between home office and field).
NW Territory & HI