The Director of Medical Education and Content will be a physician who will be the overall champion and leader of Board Vitals’ medical content and team. This leadership role involves managing the entire content team of writers, editors, and support staff thereof. This leader will also lead content-related marketing efforts, including speaking engagements, podcast recordings, video recordings, and blog contribution. The director will also lead recruiting efforts for all content-related positions including writing, editing, and content creation.
- Lead the strategic process and production for all product operations and related support resources to effect positive and profitable growth.
- Create and maintain open communications with the team and company as a whole regarding content creation, product changes/additions, and content maintenance status.
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of content editing and creation for Board Vitals products and marketing materials related to those products, including being a social media voice and face for the product.
- Assist the General Manager of the business with oversight and planning for current and future product creation and maintenance and improvements to expand product offerings, increase customer satisfaction, and maximize opportunities for market penetration and competitive differentiation.
- Oversee the writing and editing staff to ensure the highest quality of work as well as efficiency of the writing and editing process.
- Medical degree (MD or DO)
- Two or more years (preferred but not required) in strategic leadership and managerial roles, marshaling resources and projects through both direct line authority and indirect influence
- Experience with writing and editing medical materials
- Experience and comfort with public speaking, media appearances
- Experience with the use of social media (Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter)
Skills & Abilities
- Strong English writing skills
- Solid awareness and understanding of medical education and medical educational products
- Able to create and harness an extensive network of talent in medicine and healthcare
- Well organized with strong communication and coordination skills
- Comfort with public speaking and media engagements