The Director of Medical Affairs, Hematology is a key member of the global medical affairs team who will work closely with medical affairs and cross-functional stakeholders to implement key aspects of the global medical affairs strategy for hematology. The successful candidate will drive strategic execution across medical affairs activities, which may include data generation, insight gathering, and scientific communications/publications, as the medical affairs team prepares for launch readiness in the hematology space.
Key Responsibilities Include (may vary according to candidate’s experience/background):
- Implement key aspects of GMA strategy for pegcetacoplan in hematology
- Drive and/or partner in development and implementation of data generation, insight gathering, scientific communications plan (including publication plan, congress plan), KOL engagement plan, advisory boards
- Collaborate with cross functional team on approaches to fill identified data and/or communication gaps in alignment with overall strategic objectives
- Collaborate with Field Medical, Global Medical Training to ensure training and resources are available at appropriate times throughout launch preparation
- Serve as medical reviewer on commercial and medical product review committees
- Serve as strategic/scientific resource to cross-functional stakeholders
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Must have a PhD, PharmD or MD level degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years + experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology medical affairs organization
- Launch experience preferred
- Significant experience in phase 3 development and in post marketing setting
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team, and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation.
- Ability to work independently and with flexibility to handle work flow in a fast-paced environment.
- Some travel will be required, up to 40%.