Director, Media Relations
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
About the Opportunity
DMI is looking for a Director, Media Relations to develop and execute strategies that position DMI as an innovator and leader in mobility and digital transformation. By working and forming relationships with various members of the media, analysts, government, and public, the Director, Media Relations will generate both awareness and demand for DMI’s services.
Reporting directly to the CMO, you are responsible for directly driving public relations (PR) and analyst relations (AR). This is an ideal role or someone that is a risk taker, a marketer and a story-teller. You should have the ability to create big ideas and implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on creating new strategies and inspiring others to believe in them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positive press and analyst coverage is required to drive brand awareness and this is critical to accelerate interest for our breadth of offerings. To deliver this we are looking for a communications leader to:
- Develop and execute a strategy to reach key business, technology, industry and commercial outlets
- Develop press angles aligned with key campaign messages and marketing initiatives
- Craft press releases
- Identify opportunities for and develop by-line articles by DMI leadership
- Identify media targets to impact identified audiences
- Prepare DMI spokespeople for interviews
- Integrate client and DMI successes into press outreach
- Define optimal metrics and provide accurate measurement of all coverage
- Respond to rapidly-developing news opportunities, attaining opportunities for DMI thought leadership contributions
- Networked to a variety of media including those focused on Fortune 1000 businesses
- Direct agency team members
- Understands our brand proposition and has experienceworking with similar technology services organizations
- Understands and maintains relationships with key categories of business and investor influencers
- Possesses press expertise in related technology and industry companies
- Brings creative ideas and new ways of thinking to achieve our goals
- Possesses expertise in analyst relations and leveraging relationships for positive influence
Education and Years of Experience:
- 8-10 years of Public Relations/Marketing experiencerequired
- Four-yeardegree; MA / MS / MBA preferred
- Critical, creative, and innovative thinker is a must
- Must be able to juggle many priorities under tight deadlines while being highly detailed and organized
- Creates an inclusive and creative environment
- Comfortable speaking in public and performing product demonstrations
- Strong copy writing and grammar skillset
- Exceptional collaborative skills and experience working in a matrix organization
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: 6550 Rock Spring Drive, Bethesda, MD 20817
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.