Tim Hortons is amid an exciting digital transformation. With the fast-emerging digital environment and our guests expecting more from us every day, this team is focused on innovation across the customer journey in and outside our restaurants, identifying the most meaningful opportunities for our guests, and developing capabilities to bring them to life. We do this in partnership with our Consumer Tech teams and markets around the world.
The Director of Media is responsible for overseeing planning, execution and analytics against Tim Hortons paid media. Paid media oversight includes TV, Radio, and OOH, but 80% of time will be spend planning and managing digital campaigns. On the digital side, this person can manage full funnel campaigns and understands the importance of targeting/audience segmentation, optimization, etc. This person will work cross-departmentally to analyze channel performance and user behavior to inform business strategy. On the traditional side responsibilities will include translating the company's innovation calendar into a media blocking chart and overseeing the overall media budget. The right person for this role is eager, a self-starter, and is motivated by seeing their work result in data-driven results.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning and oversight of Tim Horton’s overall media calendar including communication of plans to all relevant cross functional parties (media and creative agencies, creative counterparts internally, etc)
- Oversight of overall media budget across both digital and traditional media (~$80M-100M)
- Lead onboarding of new digital media agency into the cross functional planning process
- Leverage deep understanding of digital channels (search, social, display, video, etc.) to optimize digital spend.
- Develop clear KPIs and measurement frameworks to assess effectiveness of digital media and optimize ROI and business impact. Review, track and report on ROI of various performance marketing efforts while testing new tactics and strategies, tied to set and specific KPIs and goals centered around growth and retention marketing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams internally and externally to develop a comprehensive and cohesive guest-driven communication plan across all guest touchpoints, segments and channels.
- Assist traditional agency is executing on the annual calendar based on fluctuations is campaign calendar.
- Assist internal Consumer Technology Group, Agency partners and Digital Marketing team to ensure proper data setup and marketing technology connection to properly leverage segmentation, effectively segment and target, etc. Further, support the creation of real-time dashboards to drive media decision making.
- Assist in leading and developing relationships with Brand and Leadership teams to develop short and long term strategic digital media direction based on divisional goals and new technologies.
- Assist in providing education and leadership to the broader Marketing organization and brand leadership on the impact/value of Digital and Social Media.
- 6+ years of experience with media planning/ buying with a deep understanding of the digital planning, execution and performance media
- Experience overseeing budget tracking and adherence to campaign calendar.
- Data-driven mindset with an ability to interpret analytics and data to drive decisions and strategy
- Proven ability to lead and mentor teams, work collaboratively and build a strong team culture
- Start-up mentality, eager to move quickly and work with a lean team
- Highly curious, always looking to learn and stay ahead of trends
- Digital and ecommerce experience preferred
- Restaurant or retail experience strongly preferred