Today, Mountain Hardwear is seeking a Director of Materials Research. You’re already one of us. So why not just become one of us?
ABOUT THE POSITION
Will establish the vision and strategic direction for the Materials Research department. This role works closely with global partners within and outside the Manufacturing Department and Design Department to effectively commercialize raw materials within calendar timelines and in alignment with the Global Mountain Hardwear Manufacturing strategy while meeting quality, performance, and compliance requirements.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Collaborate with partners within the materials group and global liaison office counterparts to develop, implement and execute process, tools and strategy to measure team and supplier performance to established standards and goals.
- Collaborate with Design, Merchandising and Sourcing management to determine seasonal material palette and use influence to ensure best possible strategic alignment of materials and finished goods source as well as trade benefits.
- Drive the transition of innovative technology platforms from the Innovation team to inline Materials Research and product buy ready.
- Develop strong team interaction with Costing, Innovation, Materials Quality, Quality Assurance and Global Liaison Offices to ensure efficient execution of entire development process through to seasonal production.
- Cultivate leadership, management skills and technical expertise within your teams while providing coaching, development plans and career paths to encourage the growth and retention of talent.
- Develop strategic succession plans for yourself and key roles throughout your organization.
- Responsible for Human Resource administration for the sourcing function. Develop and execute the effort in succession planning, organizational development, establishing development and learning plans, salary administration, and hiring. Teach and lead by example. Develops subordinates through providing challenging task and responsibilities.
- Be a leader for continuous process improvement. Participate in projects or issue resolution that develop and/or impact the materials development, quality, costing or other manufacturing areas.
- Conduct routine staff meetings with direct reports.
- Able to teach and lead by example. Motivate and develop team members through providing challenging projects and responsibilities.
- Able to drive a culture of empowerment and trust through the application of servant leadership principles.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, provide focus and direction to staff not under direct supervisory control.
- Decisive under short time constraints.
- Ability to work well with individuals of different countries and cultures.
- Possess strong organizational, written and oral communication skills. Requires advanced ability to read, write, and speak English. Work often requires reading and writing in technical or complex areas.
- Be a strong leader, manager and organizer; employ a participative style that emphasizes team building; possess strong communication skills and the ability to attract flexible associates who enthusiastically "partner" with others as projects dictate.