Vishay Siliconix, a leader in the development of power semiconductor products which improves efficiency in electronic systems for consumer, industrial, automotive, medical, and military applications, is currently seeking a Director Materials Planning for our low voltage mosfet business. This position will be located in San Jose, California.
As Director Materials Planning you will oversees all worldwide activities related to supply chain planning, inventory control, on time delivery and revenue attainment for the Vishay Siliconix Mosfet LVM product line. You will be responsible for identifying and leading projects designed to significantly improve Vishay Siliconix Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process by driving improvement in forecast accuracy and inventory planning across our global business. The projects will require strategic thinking, effective problem structuring, and an ability to influence diverse teams. You will work through a team of both direct reports and matrixed representatives from various functions and locations.
Primary Responsibilities for LVM product line:
- Direct the strategic and tactical activities of Scheduling, Planning, Forecasting and Supply Management Analytics.
- Manage and maintain backlog scheduling, CBP/systems, Master Data, FE (Substrate, EPI, BMTL, Plating, Bump and Wafer) planning and back end build plans while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
- Formulate and utilize methods and systems for enhancing operational efficiencies, and control over supply and inventory.
- Lead Sales Inventory & Operations Planning within MRP (SAP) systems to ensure adequate supply and on-time delivery.
- Control, monitor, and evaluate the materials process via key performance indicators and driving short and long-term improvements.
- Determine budgetary needs for specified areas and manages to the set budget.
- Identify planning service improvements and product standardization consistent with the expectations of the business.
- Manage and maintain effective communication with cross-functional partners.
- Utilize data analysis and reporting to support supply chain strategies, cost reduction efforts, inventory reduction targets, and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent management experience. MBA preferred.
- CPM certification or equivalent preferred.
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible corporate Supply Chain leadership at a semiconductor, industrial or engineered products manufacturing company.
- Multi-site global management.
- Highly results-oriented and focused on business priorities with a successful record of accomplishments.
Computer Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Significant materials planning and systems (ERP) background required (SAP); including inventory optimization.
- Experience with advanced planning systems SAP APO or JDA highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement and assesses viable solutions. Develop and execute comprehensive action plans.
- Excellent supplier and customer facing relationship management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments concurrently, including ability to assess and manage priorities.
- Effective communications skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to build rapport with Operations and cross-functional colleagues, and be able to foster collaborative relationships.
- Strong leadership skills.