The Opportunity / What we’re looking for:
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
Reporting to the VP of Product Supply Chain Operations, this position leads supply chain management and Ciena customer scheduling on the assigned product line(s). The role is ideally based in either Hanover MD, Montreal Quebec, Ottawa Ontario. Any Major US Metropolitan Area will be considered also.
The role / What you will do at Ciena:
This individual will work with staff members, account teams, procurement, suppliers, production and shipping to schedule product deliveries in order to attain company objectives for on time delivery and lead times to meet customer requirements. This person will have full product line ownership for supply chain and supply planning activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and ensures proper production control, supply planning and scheduling support to meet sales forecasts.
- Builds and maintains long-term strategic relationships with key suppliers. Works with staff and/or suppliers to identify and mitigate gating materials or processes to meet customer deliveries.
- Works with suppliers and internal resources to develop and establish product stocking and agility strategies to ensure a consistent balance between service and inventory targets.
- Collaborates with Deliver Operations, Sales and PLM to support customer specific solutions to support go to market models.
- Works with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate system commits.
- In conjunction with IT and otherinternal processes, develops and implements systems and tools solutions to drive automated and collaborative interfaces between Ciena and its suppliers.
- Develops, establishes, and provides for the maintenance of reporting systems and metrics that relate to the material function.
- Sets functional and process targets and is responsible for driving continuous improvement, root cause analysis and action plan activities for the product supply chain.
- Supports customer product allocation with guidance from Customer Order Operations where necessary.
- Ensures effective communication with customer program management/account teams on delivery commitments, and schedule changes.
- Makes certain that deviations to the production schedule are investigated and properly followed up.
- Ensures proper transition of new products into Ciena supply chain and scheduling activities.
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all Materials teams.
- Responsible for the motivation and development of staff members to optimize their performance and their personal professional growth.
- Moderate travel would be involved between major operations sites – primarily but not restricted to USA / Canada / Mexico. Flexibility to operate outside normal hours to ensure delivery of the business and resolution of critical issues would be required.
- Strong Materials Management skills.
- Understanding of the process and materials flow in technology manufacturing.
- Ability to develop strong relationship with suppliers.
- Ability to effectively organize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solutions-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues.
- University Degree in Engineering or related discipline, Materials/Operations Management or Finance
- Ten (10) years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a supply chain management or logistics planning function leadership role. Some experience in a technology oriented environment is required.
- Demonstrated track record of working in complex, multi-site environments.
The Ciena Experience:
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Make no mistake that we’re committed to developing leading network technology. But our path to innovation stems from our culture and outstanding people. We embrace diversity, celebrate inclusion, and champion ideas—across the table and around the world. This is the Ciena network. You won’t find complex organization charts and stiff protocols here! Innovation travels faster in an atmosphere where ideas can be freely discussed and brainstormed on the fly. A big part of work is about enjoying more satisfying outcomes—both personal and professional.
Becoming a Ciena employee:
What you can expect from us
You will receive notification of your successful application Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion. If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
Location Hanover, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Salary 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Tracking Code R006309