Job ID: GEN353
Director, Materials Management
The role has three primary responsibilities:
1. Lead the Timonium facility purchasing and shipping/receiving/warehouse teams as well as the DMS (Danaher Material System) manager to ensure high levels of On Time Delivery and customer satisfaction are achieved, while supporting optimization of Working Capital and Costs. Also ensure the team’s performance around Safety, Quality, and Productivity while improving yearly employee survey / engagement scores. This role serves as the site lead for Inventory and Supplier OTD% to “Need Date”.
2. Serve as the Timonium lead for the SIOP/S&OP/PSI process to include serving as the single point of contact for revenue and past-due backlog forecasting and variance problem solving.
3. Support the Timonium site in their efforts to optimize the entire Supply Chain processes to ensure high levels of On Time Delivery while optimizing Working Capital and Costs.
This is a highly cross functional role in a matrix environment. This leader is expected to build productive and highly collaborative relationships globally, with Plant and Operations leaders, SIOP/PSI personnel, Commercial Team members, Customer Service, Distribution, Corporate Logistics, Purchasing, and Finance, among others, to be successful in delivering defined objectives.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
(85%) Timonium facility Supply Chain Manager Responsibilities
Provide direct leadership to the Timonium Purchasing/Shipping/Receiving/Warehouse Manager, and DMS (Danaher Material Systems) manager as well as assume dotted line, process focused responsibility for the factory planners (reporting solid line to Value Stream Leaders & Focus Factory Managers). Establish goals, monitor and manage performance related to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Productivity. Lead the department’s efforts to improve year-over-year employee satisfaction survey results through appropriate employee engagement. Work with Strategic Purchasing to ensure yearly PPV and PPV funnel goals are met.
Lead the OTD improvement efforts around Direct MTO Short Lead time, Distributor ordering behaviors, and Block performance by working with Timonium Customer Service and Commercial teams.
Own the identification and resolution of DC (Distribution Center / Warehouse) Process Errors. Manage Pareto of key issues in Late Supply with Purchasing, and Planning/Manufacturing teams for focused action to identify cost effective, short term opportunities to close these gaps thru Distribution, Freight, and Inventory model adjustments while working with Supply Chain and Operations team to implement sustainable value stream improvements.
Support the Timonium plants by providing a single point of contact for tactical, systems, and supply chain process issues. Work with planning, fulfillment, and commercial teams to identify and resolve OTD root causes to improve OTD and reduce past dues. Act as the lead contact for providing weekly updates on key orders and expedite needs from the plant, Past Due’s status, and past-due projections through alignment with Manufacturing.
Lead the DMS Leader and Supply Chain team in optimization of inventory levels within the New Port Richey facility through the implementation of DMS (Danaher Material Systems) processes. Ensure AOS stocks remain healthy, and below maximum, at all times. Support root cause analysis of variances when they are not. Proactively identify systemic and process challenges to maintaining health in order to mitigate risk. Align the Commercial, DMS, and Supply Chain teams on model changes and requirements. Drive to root cause of the processes that create Excess and Obsolete inventory, and MTO without Demand, while supporting initiatives to cost effectively disposition these materials.
Identify, align, and support initiatives to improve the velocity, cost, and working capital from point of manufacture to customer delivery. Evaluate stocking locations, distribution channels, and freight methodology to improve OTD performance. Monitor master data and planning performance and execution. Partner with Corporate logistics to identify and drive improvements in importation and forwarding methods to eliminate touch points to reduce total lead time and cost.
(15%) Global Supply Chain Support
Work with the global FTAP site Supply Chain / Plant Management leads to support their DMS implementation and Supply Chain process improvement efforts in order to improve Global FTAP’s OTD% and Inventory optimization performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering, required.
- 3+ years’ experience in the management of Supply Chain or related activities to include +1year of multi-site SIOP/S&OP/PSI leadership, required.
- 1+ years' experience using SAP.
- 3+ years' experience managing components of a complex supply chain.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and deliver tactical results through people and parties not in direct reporting lines, and effectively work through cross-functional teams to drive process improvements.
- Effective in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint applications. Strong Excel skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a solid track record of developing positive customer relationships.
- Highly detail oriented with strong statistical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- APICS or ISM certification (CPIM, CSCP or equivalent), highly preferred