Director, Masterpass Merchant Solutions- Bill PaymentOverview
The Digital Payments group leverages MasterCard’s assets and strategic partnerships to create a world beyond plastic with valued experiences for consumers and end users, and enable merchants to reach new consumers in ways not possible in the pre-digital world.
The Masterpass Merchant Solutions team works with both internal and external teams to create scalable Masterpass merchant solutions that deliver incremental transactions across the globe.
The candidate will develop merchant solutions focused on Bill Payment & Mobile top up verticals to drive Masterpass transactions. The candidate will partner with external providers of the merchant solutions for each of relevant vertical and integrate the best Masterpass enabled user experience.
This an opportunity to be a part of a highly motivated global team with a focus on driving the future of payments and ensuring that consumers and target segments can securely and conveniently pay however or wherever they choose in an increasingly connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional with a proven track record of global product and partner management, have recent experience delivering shopping experiences to end users in one or more of the verticals listed above.
• Develop end to end value propositions incorporating Masterpass for Bill Payment & Mobile top up vertical
• Develop global partnerships with solution providers and tech startups in Bill Payment & Mobile top up vertical
• Work with regional sales and digital payment teams to bring those solutions to market with key Bill Payment & Telcos and Mobile top up intermediaries around the world
• Work with Masterpass global product and merchant engineering team to build key merchant value propositions into the Masterpass product
• Ultimately deliver incremental transactions in key Masterpass countries around the world in the Bill Payment & Mobile top up vertical
All About You
• The successful candidate will have strong business acumen in Bill Payment & Mobile top up industry, excellent product management capabilities and an ability to work with technical detail.
• Proven experience in defining product strategy for delivering products and solutions for Bill Payment & Mobile top up verticals that enables digital payments.
• Strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills.
• International work experience is strongly desired
• Ability and willingness to travel to attend meetings with Customers, or others as
• Experience in bringing mobile merchant solutions to market
• Experience building partnerships with technology companies serving merchants in key verticals
• Sound business judgment with established strategic/conceptual thinking and strategic planning skills
• Good project management and organizational skills, with strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree a plus
• Fluency in English required, additional language(s) a plus
• Global nature of role may require significanttravel