General StatementThe Master of Science in Innovation and Management (MSIM) is a 30-credit, non-thesis one-year graduate program designed specifically for recent Engineering and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) graduates but open to all degree backgrounds, with most students enrolling immediately following their undergraduate degree and others with 1-3 years of work experience. The goal of the program is to provide early-stage professionals with a set of skills that will enable them to be more effective leaders, innovators, and team members in their respective careers.
- Duties and ResponsibilitiesServe as the Director of our Master of Science of Innovation and Management Program.
- Continually advance and innovate the program curriculum.
- Hire / select faculty to teach in the MSIM program.
- Conduct course reviews with faculty each semester.
- Lead student recruiting.
- In conjunction with our college marketing manager, university communications and the graduate school – build a robust marketing and student recruitment program.
- Interview and admit candidates.
- Advise all students in the program.
- Supervise student internships and independent studies.
- Teach one class each semester.
- In conjunction with our Director of Career engagement, build corporate partnerships for internships and career opportunities for the MSIM students.
- Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & SkillsMaster’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated experience in creating / launching either new academic programs or experience with launching new products or services.
- Experience in building and leading teams.
- Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & SkillsTeaching experience at a regionally accredited university.
- Leadership experience in industry.
- Entrepreneurial business experience.
- The Successful Candidate WillPersonal energy, integrity and vision.
- Ability and desire to support and promote vision of the future of the college.
- Passion for creating outstanding student outcomes.
- Positive energy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team work and collaborative skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Position Special Requirements/Additional InformationThis position will require periodic evening and weekend work for events. Very little travel will be involved.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Physical DemandsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.