As the leader of the Marketplace and Account Management team, the Director will devise the strategic approach and lead the team regarding the development and delivery of Marketplace and Account Management training curriculum and content in support of all customer facing teams (including Field Based Medicine) and Marketing, as well as other identified targeted employees.
The Director, Marketplace and Account Management Training will be responsible for defining need and budget allocation for use of vendor/contract resources alone or in conjunction with Marketplace and Account Management Trainer resources.
The Director will ensure allocation of Marketplace and Account Management Trainer resources for geographic support (i.e. PCP East, South and West or Specialty National), as well as assigned specific customer team responsibility and will act as lead point for Geographic support for defined geography.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that comprehensive, Marketplace and Account Management training and curricula development is created & delivered to support and align HP and Company goals and priorities.
- Responsible to ensure all Evolving Marketplace, Account Management and Account Planning related content is developed, approved, delivered and measured for targeted customers.
- Responsible to ensure development, approval, delivery and measurement of all Marketplace and Account Management training as a component of new hire training, POA training and launch related training.
- Rigorously evaluates all HPT&D and customer requests regarding Marketplace and Account Management training related requests.
- Appropriately inquires and challenges key stakeholders (i.e. including Area VPs, Marketing TA VPs & FBM ED), customers and vendors on training requests and clearly communicates risks and benefits as part of determination for implementation.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to work collaboratively with colleagues and team members to achieve departmental objectives. Helps to overcome barriers and facilitates change/change management as directed by management. Monitors progress against MAG goal expectations and addresses performance gaps in a timely manner. Fulfills team responsibilities and demonstrates a personal commitment to accomplishing departmental objectives.
- Continuously researches and identifies industry market trends, best practices and standards to incorporate and/or maintain quality educational based training solutions.
- Carefully evaluates impact and effectiveness of developed and delivered training
- Ensures ongoing familiarity with customer needs to evolve existing class content and develop new content.
- Accountable for hiring, coaching and developing the Marketplace and Account Management training Team Members and rotational roles to be proficient in the design, development, delivery and evaluation of training as per their MAG Core job description and associated MAG Goals.
- Ensures application of best practices, consistent business processes and collaborative skills.
- Ensures cross training (TTT) for Marketplace and Account Management Trainers on additional skills for delivery of that content in such classes as Evolving Marketplace, Account Management and Account Planning.
- Creates implementation timelines and adapts deployment of personnel or vendor/contractsupport as needed to support operational objectives. Supports the developed strategies and tactics as agreed to by Prescription Medicine Leadership and Executive Director, HPT&D.
- Develops a solid network of internal customers and stakeholders and uses this network to advance training initiatives and overcome challenges/barriers to training execution.
- Accountable for developing the internal HPT&D budget requirements for Marketplace and Account Management training and executing within that budget for all Requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required; Master's degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Industry experiencerequired.
- Four (4) to six (6) years leadership and project management experiencerequired.
- Account Managerexperiencepreferred or District Manager with in depth experience in Account Management or previous training experience in Account Management.
- Demonstrated experience in Curriculum Development, Adult Learning principles and instructional design.
- Demonstrated high energy level, positive attitude, output driven and team orientated.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to access and influence various functional areas, and motivate groups to action through team building
- Ability to influence, to drive consensus, to build credibility with senior leadership
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
- History of successful performance.
- Thorough understanding of the business environment.
- Independently manages resources, anticipates business needs, and solves complex problems with innovative solutions.
- Proficiency in MSOffice, Outlook and other computer applications.
- Ability to travel - Assumes ~25% travel (including overnight travel).
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., CIA, EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are immediately reported to management.
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts and BIPI employees in order to maintain the Company's excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees. Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, long-term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighborhoods where we live and work. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.