AtMSG we valuediversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds!MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements,MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in alllocations.
The Director Marketing Strategy Live is responsible for support all concerts and sports properties rentals from pre-sales to on-sales to event day. The director will be responsible for developing, creating and executing strategic plans to increase ticket sales for concerts and sports properties, as well as oversee promotional support, with a heavy emphasis on digital storytelling. The director will maintain, identify and develop a rich set of creative assets to be executed on behalf of shows/sports playing in our venues. The director will lead the marketing efforts in all social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and oversee the voice and direction of the Garden, Radio City Music Hall, Beacon and Chicago Theater social handles and web sites. She / he will act as the editor and chief creating the editorial calendar for each venue, creating content franchises and deciding where and when to post to serve business needs and fan engagement. He/she will serve as a sponsor liaison to ensure all content can be monetized and all commitments are executed (e.g. Coca-Cola Concert Series), and opportunities presented. The Director will lead and support the entire Bookings group in pitches to prospective clients.
- Use marketing to drive value to the promoters, artists and sports properties that rent our buildings: driving sell through and promotional support.
- Support P+L leader on obtaining franchises, multi-night residencies and helping to securing more occupancy days.
- Create valuable digital content that can be monetized for marketing partnerships.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in marketing or advertising with a strong background and interest in music
- Superior interpersonal, relationship management and influencing skills and ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders. Understanding of process within the music industry including producers, management agencies, tour promoters, etc.
- Proven ability to collaborate, plan and execute at both strategic and operational levels cross-functionally while leading a team.
- Knowledge of the social medialandscape and demonstrated ability to manage a content calendar
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, project management and time management skills required.
- Experience directly managing and developing employees.
- Must have strong knowledge of NY and Chicago marketplace.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Requisition ID 17-8386