As a Director Marketing for Crown Castle, you’ll lead the marketing team in developing strategies that apply critical and creative thinking to solving challenging business, brand and marketing initiatives. You’ll consult enterprise-wide on a range of marketing topics as well as uncovering insights to understand and build plans for customer sub-segments that help shape our go-to-market strategies and drive revenue. In this role, you’ll be part of a lean marketing leadership team who acts as senior advisors to oversee our marketing strategy with cross-functional leaders.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads on marketing strategy and insights with Commercial Sales Leadership—gathering, organizing and summarizing sub-segment inputs (industry and market dynamics, best practices competitively and comparatively, trends, consumer insights for personas) to better our marketing approaches
- Acts as an intelligence agent, bringing customer insights to drive meaningful change in how we market and deliver for our customers
- Works enterprise wide with cross-functional leaders to develop strategies that differentiate Crown Castle in the external marketplace including but not limited to customer experience, sales operations, sales performance, data and demand, public relations and corporate communications, corporate development and strategy
- Partner with Commercial and Product leadership, in helping to shape—differentiation/value prop, buyer personas—and communicate—launch, promotion, adoption—new products or solutions
- Partner with Commercial leadership to define how we influence and shape our strategy for new sub-segments and markets: Where would we target for engagement and involvement? What activities would we pursue to get us in the right conversations and drive revenue? What marketing tactics and approaches would we initiate today and, in the future, to build our pipeline?
- Is a resident expert on our buyers, understands and applies targeted marketing strategies that will optimize long-term growth and revenue for the organization
- Leads and manages a team of skilled marketers, encouraging intellectual curiosity and building and mentoring them from excellent marketers to excellent business people
- Works in combination with marketing senior leaders to transform the marketing ecosystem from a linear funnel to continuous surround-sound based on data, buying intent and consumer insights
- Collaborates with third-party consultants as needed to explore business problems and creative approaches to uncover customer needs and preferences and develop marketing strategies to solve them
- BS/BA required; MBA/Master’s degree welcomed but not necessary
- 10+ years of overall experience in a business environment
- 7+ years excelling in business and consumer strategy, consulting, and/or brand strategy.
- 5+ years of overall experience working in a Marketing leadership capacity
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading teams
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of modern marketing including brand, consumer insights and strategy, product marketing and demand-generation
- Experience working with large teams across multiple organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools - Excel, Power Point, Teams and Word.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, translating those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations and actionable behaviors
- Customer-first, revenue-centric, value creation attitude with a focus on problem solving
- Proven track record in influencing throughout a matrix environment
- Leads with the strategy first and applies tools and approach based on business needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present complex information in a clear and simple format to an executive audience
- Ability to flex between tactical execution and strategic implementation
- Builds curiosity, passionate about uncovering new insights and inputs to continuously shape outcomes
- Inspires and mentors to advance teammates through career paths
- Collaborative style with team and teammate success a must