Primary customer contact for small to medium accounts or companies new to rail transportation. Direct sales and marketing functions are key activities along with ability to perform sales administration and analytical activities and projects. Coordinate tactical and strategic sales activities for customer base, developing accounts that provide incremental growth for Northeast Region railroads. Analyze each customer's business and transportation requirements. Develop existing and new customer action plans, coordinate and deliver pricing packages, and lead rate negotiations to maximize penetration of customer transportation portfolio across assigned railroads. Coordinate resources to fulfill customer requirements, ensure satisfaction, and achieve revenue, contribution, volume, and business development targets.
Location: Position can be based in or near Pittsburgh PA, Buffalo NY, or Rochester NY
- Develop new strategies, programs or service offerings to expand Northeast Region’s participation in relevant markets. Implement and execute action plans to create market growth, penetration, or expansion into new emerging markets. Work with national account team and other relevant teams/departments to support business development goals and objectives.
- Support customer satisfaction targets through thorough knowledge of specific marketplace and successfully integrating information into timely price, service, and equipment packages providing value to customers. Ensure effective collaboration with other teams to support all customer satisfaction goals.
- Maintain CRM on all accounts and participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Required to spend a majority of time on the road developing new business with existing customers as well as developing new customers on the railroad.
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams to address opportunities and solve problems as they arise.
- Manage day-to-day account activities and facilitate resource coordination to ensure positive customer experience. Develop and maintain strategic customer action plans improving Northeast Region's penetration of customer transportation portfolio and contributing to forecasted financial goals.
- Achieve revenue, profitability, and volume targets for assigned accounts and/or markets.
- Ensure effective written/oral communication internally and externally. Communicate effectively to develop customer driven pricing strategies meeting internal objectives and customer needs. Collaborate within Marketing & Sales and cross departmentally to ensure quality performance.
- Work cross-departmentally to develop and offer prices to customers that are market based. Develop, negotiate, and implement agreements for new and existing customers.
- Manage individual expense budgets to ensure compliance with business travel policies and timely submission of expense reports.
- Lead internal and external engagement of Genesee & Wyoming executives with account base by establishing appropriate top-to-top relationships where needed.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- Proficient sales skills
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient communication skills
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Experience creating and delivering presentations
- Demonstrated PowerPoint & Excel Software Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5-7 years experience in railroad marketing and sales
- Must have a valid driver's license