The Director, Marketing Planning owns the development and implementation of bothcategory and customer segment marketing plans to achieve strategic goals and objectives. This position works to translate business strategy into marketing strategy, and is a key decision maker for Business Unit Marketing plans with alignment of the Business Unit leadership/format marketing teams. This position is the primary contact person for merchant leadership/format marketing teams and isresponsible for seasonal planning and annualbudgets. This role isresponsible for providing direction to the format marketing team,channelowners, and marketing production resources to assure excellence in execution.
• Develops marketing strategies and programs for the respective categories and customer segments based on current business, customer, and research data.
• Develops, owns, and manages marketing budget for the business unit.
• Creates and optimizes the media strategy for the business unit.
• Oversees the inclusion of joint marketing initiatives into the business unit marketing plan by building relationships with key vendors (internal: i.e. Craftsman; external: i.e. Levi's) and marketing leaders to bring added value to the business
• Analyzes all relevant data sources for the retail category, competitive and customer information to inform future strategic direction.
• Translates consumer attitudes and market research to anticipate competition/market trends into marketing strategy.
• Evaluates and analyzes program results and makes ongoing adjustments to strategy based on learning.
• Develops, owns and manages Shop Your Way member strategy for the business unit and is responsible for aligning the merchant,
finance, and pricing teams. Develops and executes plan based on the strategy that achieve SYW member financial targets.
• Drives alignment and implementation of BU strategy to other stakeholders in the organization, both within marketing and also to store operations/ merchant organizations.
• Provides direction to creative groups and external agencies (advertising, PR, direct, online).
• Leads and coaches Category/Segment Managers to work with merchants and vendors to ensure an integrated Marketing
approach and plan.
• Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates.
• BA/BS in Business or Marketing is required; MBA is preferred.
• 7-10 years in marketing, consulting, or brand management.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions, displays orientation to profitability, demonstrates knowledge of market and competition, and aligns work with strategic goals.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals, understands organization's strengths and weaknesses,
analyzes market and competition, identifies external threats and opportunities, and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to
complement data, and designs work flows and procedures.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, and demonstrates group presentation skills.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet needs, and presents numerical data
• Initiative - Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of business unit and developmental opportunities, and asks for and offers help when needed.
• Marketing experience across various channels and multiple disciplines of marketing (print, direct, event, creative, etc.)
• Experience with development and implementation of the budgeting process and creating, developing and managing a business plan.
Req/Job ID: 901563BR