The Marketing Director leads the marketing efforts of BCBSNE. This role is responsible for providing guidance to the marketing department by evaluating and developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for our brand. This role works closely with our Sales and Account Management department to develop a pricing strategy that will help us retain and grow our market.
What you'll do:
- Guide overall marketing department strategy and activities, which include lead gen efforts, sales enablement efforts (existing and new), brand management, business development efforts, influencer/PR efforts, events, and more to grow BCBSNE’s footprint in the short- and long-term.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales, Account Management, Product, Innovation and Communications teams to develop and execute on marketing strategies, campaigns and tactics for prospects and customers.
- Provide strategic guidance for marketing/sales efforts related to competitor analysis/differentiation, messaging and value propositions.
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment, consumer trends and develop strategic and tactical recommendations through analytics and insights to measure, strengthen and optimize our market position and brand perception.
- Guides the day to day activities of the marketing team and ensures that the marketing objectives are implemented.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Finance, Business or related field.
- 7+years of relevant marketingexperience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, building and managing a marketing organization.
- Demonstrated track record of development and execution of innovative strategies to meet short- and long-term objectives.
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- MBA or advanced degree
- Marketing/business leader with knowledge of insurance industry/business trends.
Job no: 494604