Oportun is building-out the core team our new Lending-as-a-Service program. We are bringing a novel and fresh approach to reaching our core customers by partnering with companies who share our values, serve the same market and whose existing products complement ours. We have experienced early success and are looking for team members who are willing to get their hands dirty, thrive in an environment of uncertainty and are passionate about making a difference.
The Director of Marketing for our Lending-as-a-Service program, will be the primary go-to person for all aspects of program marketing. Your portfolio will range from developing annual strategic marketing plans, designing, and testing the effectiveness of in-store promotional materials and campaigns to working alongside our partners on web content and social media campaigns. It is a broad role that allows you to think long-range and get deeply tactical to ensure clean execution.
This role partners closely with the General Manager of Partnerships. You will work together to ensure the program achieves its annual goals, increases customer engagement, and builds partner loyalty.
- Define the overall marketing strategy for partnerships, including messaging, customer journeys, marketing mix, investment recommendations and marketing plan aligned with the go-to-market strategy and business goals for the Lending-as-a-Service program.
- Drive marketing innovation by applying audience insights and marketing analytics to deliver marketing campaigns with inspiring creative, impactful messaging, and journeys that achieve business targets and marketing goals
- Collaborate and develop strong working relationships with key internal and partner stakeholders to ensure open communications and successful outcomes for Lending-as-a-Service campaigns across multiple partners
- Propose, develop and launch innovative marketing campaigns within our partners to raise product awareness and drive incremental sales
- Work with the GM of Partnerships to develop and maintain KPI’s to ensure ongoing review and optimization of partnerships
- Manage bottoms-up forecasts and marketing budget for partnerships in connection to quarterly and annual plans
- Own and optimize all in-store promotional collateral and partner-linked web pages and related online campaigns
- Bring 10+ years of marketing experience working in B2B2C environment. Fintech or consumer packaged goods preferred.
- Experience working with and marketing through distribution partners or other third parties
- Demonstrated track record of working in a highly collaborative environment with capability to lead teams and drive influence and impact.
- Proven track record of successfully growing sales and brand awareness through partnerships
- Be customer obsessed. Understand their needs and motivations to build outstanding experiences and successful customer journeys.
- Be a storyteller. Craft compelling messages that captivate audiences and offer them valuable solutions.
- Be a strong communicator with attention to detail. Listen and distill feedback and points of view from all levels of the organization and external partners.
- Ability to work with and influence team members and leaders across the organization whose input is essential to the success of your plans.
- Balance creative inspiration and insight and fact-based analytics.
- Fast learner with a positive demeanor and willingness to try new things.
- Navigate a matrixed organization and represent your work and your team with integrity and self-sufficiency.
- Spanish proficiency highly preferred.
- Able to thrive in uncertainty with an eye towards bringing order to the chaos.