We are currently seeking a Director of Marketing to drive strategic internal and external marketing initiatives for the Hotels & Hospitality Group. (HHG) The Director is responsible for leading all marketing activities related to conceptualizing and implementing strategies and tactics in support of the client journey (awareness to loyalty), directly supporting business goals and improving JLL’s competitive advantage.
As a player/coach, this role will lead the marketing efforts and orchestrate strategies that:
- Continuously elevate awareness of JLL’s expertise, capabilities and client work
- Nurture relationships with prospects and clients
- Contribute to lead generation and business results
- Promote and protect the JLL brand
A global leader in commercial real estate service, JLL works with clients who own, occupy, develop or invest in real estate. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2017, JLL had revenue of $7.9 billion and fee revenue of $6.7 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.6 billion square feet, or 423 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $170 billion. At year-end 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 82,000. As of December 31, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management has $58.1 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
- Develop and execute a marketing and communication strategy in support of business goals, external and internal.
- Lead the annual marketing planning process, including budget projections.
- Create and own process to integrate and align with broader investor marketing efforts by driving collaboration on initiatives such as editorial, event, campaign and content calendars; yearly marketing plans; budget system practices; metric reporting and analysis; and best practices implementation.
- Develop and maintain pitch and proposal baseline to ensure all internal stakeholders are armed with information that creates opportunities to sell and differentiate us from the competition.
- Define key performance metrics; monitor, measure and communicate results of marketing and communication tactics via dashboard reports. Use metrics analysis to drive future results.
- Direct, guide, evaluate and mentor marketing personnel; manage direct reports responsible for specific marketing disciplines; hire and train team members as appropriate.
- Partner closely with the Executive Vice President of Marketing, Investor Services and the executive leadership for HHG.
Competitive and Client Intelligence
- Maintain knowledge of our competitive and client intelligence to develop an appropriate competitive positioning strategy and drive consistency of messaging in the marketplace.
- Partner with Research and PR team to deliver strong thought leadership, transform analytical information into client-friendly and consumable content.
Integrated Marketing Efforts
- Design and implement marketing programs that drive sales and include messaging, competitive analysis, content marketing, events, sponsorships, direct marketing, digitalcampaigns and account-based marketing. Drive efficiency across the Americas HHG platform.
- Partner with the creative services, research and PR teams to ensure that marketing efforts of the business lines are fully integrated and serviced by all areas of the marketing team.
- Acts as champion of cross-selling campaigns to ensure optimal impact of JLL marketing efforts. Responsible championing joint efforts between all business lines with regards to event, sponsorship, advertising, PR, promotion and other program marketing spend.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum six years of experience in marketing for professional services firm
- Real estate brokerage experience given priority
- Digital marketing mindset
- Direct experience marketing professional services to corporate community
- Ability to create programs that drive and support achievement of sales metrics (financial) and growth goals (portfolio growth, market share, financial)
- Credentials that prove strong understanding of what is required to develop and launch new products and services
- Experience managing and mentoring diverse team; relevant training/coaching areas include marketing strategy, branding, competitive assessment, public relations, media and collateral development.
- Experience working in heavily matrixed environments and leading by influence
- Expertise in influencing business strategies and aligning communications with commercial objectives
- Ability to adapt plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges, industry shifts and economic changes
- Advanced Microsoft office product knowledge - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Familiarity with Eloqua and Salesforce is a plus