The Marketing Investment and Demand Optimization Director leads a team that is responsible for the optimization of all discretionary spend demand across US Cards, ensuring that we are investing in support of our overall strategy around driving growth and building a future compatible business. As part of the Chief Operating Office, this team works across all parts of the organization to collect demand, ensure each investment has robust business case and justification, and creates and presents optimization scenarios to senior management with recommendations on how we put investment dollars to work. This team has oversight over $2 billion in discretionary spend demand and the leader of this group is responsible for the following
- Establish and oversee a governance process with the senior leadership team to facilitate strategic planning, drive to decisions, and ensure the timely flow of information across Cards.
- Drive a monthly investment and ROI-driven optimization process that enables swaps through a risk and opportunities framework.
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing, Decision Management, Risk, Finance, and Technology to develop a disciplined framework of strategic, demand generation, and "lights on" expense management. Drive decisions that protect strategic focus on the future.
- Partner with Marketing and Finance on a disciplined approach to Forecasting & Reporting so that trends tie to decisions
- Partner with Technology to collect and prioritize technology demand that balances safety and soundness, growth, customer experience, and capabilities in line with strategy
- Manage process to collect and approve all discretionary spend and facilitate discussions with senior leadership to review and approve spend
- Oversee tracking of internal/external funding, revenue, and network commitments. Drive closure of revenue/expense gaps.
- Partner with Reengineering team to ensure Cards meets or exceeds milestones and financial benefits for strategic reengineering initiatives.
- Manage and inspire a high-performing team to achieve stretch targets; attract and recruit top talent.
- 15+ years experience in project administration and background in operational areas.
- Experience in finance and processes administration.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to management.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission oriented, and self-directed.
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills with key stakeholders and Senior Management.
- Strategic and goal-oriented thinker.
- Effective interpersonal skills – including teamwork and organizational skills.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred