8 - 10 years experience • Construction
At Benchmark Communities we believe it matters who builds your home. We are a homebuilder with footprints across the West Coast, Pacific Northwest and Southeast states. Designing and building homes is our passion -- exceeded only by our desire to have every one of our homeowners be thoroughly satisfied with their Benchmark home.
Our strength is our all-star team of homebuilding professionals who treat each moment in the development, design and building process as an opportunity to do better. Our "Everything Matters" approach to homebuilding begins with design input from real families. From there, we combine energy-efficient construction technology with top quality materials and the industry's finest craftsmen to create homes and neighborhoods that live as well as they look. The difference is something you'll notice right away and appreciate for years to come.
When you choose Benchmark Communities, you'll have peace-of-mind knowing your new home is backed by the strength and stability of our parent company, UCP -- a publicly traded community development leader. You'll also be privileged to our nationally ranked Customer Relations Team who is here to stay right along with you and your new home.
The Director, Marketing is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the overall success of the marketing department for Benchmark Communities. A primary objective of this position is to develop and maintain strong vendor/client relations and to ensure that the objectives of selling houses are constantly maintained. This position will typically report to the VP, Sales and Marketing (or applicable manager).
- Brand Development & Product positioning: Leverage market research and consumer insight into actionable and effective product positioning. Collect and analyze information of competitors.
- Marketing & Communications Planning: Develop, execute and manage strategic marketing plans and programs to bring successful product to market and help to meet or exceed sales goals through each project's lifecycle. Includes; media planning, public relations, social media and community and Broker outreach. Coordinate outreach campaigns with brokers and local businesses. Participate with agencies in developing advertising concepts, placement and associated costs per community. Prepare and coordinate all special events and grand openings. Additionally, communicate all campaigns, openings, etc. with Online Sales Manager. Attend and participate in weekly Community Project Tracker (CPT) and Sales meetings.
- Collateral Production: Manage the creation of individual development identities and all related marketing communication deliverables, including community logos, brochures, signage, web and sales collateral, etc.
- Vendor Management: Act as the key point of contact for marketing initiatives involving internal, cross-functional teams. Negotiate, produce and execute contracts and manage individual budgets. Coordinate activities of subcontractors, as it relates to a variety of marketing functions.
- Brand Management: Ensure consistent and effective use of brand impact and visual identity across all communication channels. Manage and implement marketing initiatives, in order to achieve Benchmark goals, as they relate to the specific marketing needs and sales objectives of the company. Audit and maintain accuracy of the Benchmark Communities website (your Division's communities).
- Advertising & Demand Generation: Organize, execute and manage advertising and promotional campaigns, utilizing SEM, SEO, online, signage, print, radio, social media, direct mail and e-mail marketing.
- Media Planning & Buying: Working directly with media, as well as marketing agencies, to create monthly and quarterly media plans for print, web and search which maximize ad spending. Continually analyze and refine tactics, maximizing ROI. Participate with agencies in developing advertising concepts, placement and associated costs per community.
- Model Homes and Sales Centers: Manage the space planning, interior design and point of sale displays for all project model homes and sales offices, creating effective sales environments and compelling sales tools. Visit all communities on a regular basis, and manage model maintenance.
- Budgets and Reporting: Produce budget by community. Utilize corporate forms to maintain and track approved budgets. Ensure marketing budgets are met and monitor monthly expenses (this includes managing invoices). Monitor reports, drip campaigns, and auto-response letters within CRM system. Prepare punch lists, reports, etc. Review and measure customer satisfaction (Third Party Reports/Surveys).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 8 years marketing experience plus experience with homebuilding real estate and/or construction.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Ability to effectively work with managers and employees at all levels and develop positive relationships and a productive culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Has a "roll-up-your-sleeves" personality and is comfortable working "hands-on."
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.