Director Marketing Food & Supplies
11 - 15 years experience •
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engagedassociates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you’ll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Petco has embarked on a journey to transform our business to meet our future customer where s/he will be. The role of Director, Marketing will be to lead the strategic initiatives that will position the Petco enterprise as the leading Omni channel pet company and the most happy, friendly and trustworthy partner to help pet parents create the best lives for their pets.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Develop, direct and deliver an integrated activation of the Marketing strategy, performance goals and budget for food & supplies based on the business goals. Develop measurable objectives and deliverables against marketing strategy with all channels (COE’s) for optimal cross-channel performance.
- Identify opportunities to grow or improve performance through the use of customer analysis, insights, market research and competitive intelligence.
- Forecast and manage spend and results for marketing budget against goals, cross channel. Includes performance of enterprise promotions, and total margin and customer performance against discounts. Goals may be sales, margin, acquisition/retention or engagement based. Includes Petco and vendor dollars.
- Integrate plans for individual areas to optimize marketing spend and performance at the customer/total Petco level. Includes food and supplies for all channels, owned brand, VIP and other partnerships. Requires strong leadership, strategic vision, a focus on tactical integration and measurable results.
- Lead the master brief process for key projects, ensuring that there is consistency across messaging, channels and customer promotions.
Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring/coaching, providing functional guidance, assignment delegation and follow-through, as well as disciplinary action and termination when necessary. Manage 4 Managers plus external agencies as needed.
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Minor local travel by automobile to vendors or agencies may be required. Also periodic attendance at appropriate marketing conferences (media, digital media) that help to keep you knowledgeable about the latest thinking and technology and to share best practices with other colleagues.
The successful candidate will have excellent leadership, management, supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to listen, synthesize, lead, explain and communicate at all levels will be critical. A bachelor’s degree and at least ten years as a business, marketing or merchandising leader in a comparable sized organization or equivalent experience developing and executing strategic initiatives (e.g., management consultant) in a larger organization is required. An advanced degree and experience in higher education are strongly preferred. A minimum of three to five years should have served in a supervisory capacity with proven experience leading cross functional teams to a successful outcome. This position is deadline intensive and requires the ability to gracefully and seamlessly handle multiple tasks and while simultaneously being highly visible.