Director, Marketing Financial Planning and Analysis
Ally's Marketing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team leads all financial planning, forecasting and analysis for Ally's Marketing function. The FP&A Director will focus on partnering with leadership across the organization to drive comprehensive financial analysis of marketing spend. The role will also maintain responsibility for forecasting, reporting, and variance analysis of monthly and quarterly results. As a part of the CFO Group, the Marketing FP&A team provides key contributions to the development of the annual business and strategic plan, consolidated financial forecasts and the company's overall strategic marketing plan.
- Develop comprehensive financial analysis of marketing investments and strategies
- Develop and standardize financial reporting packages for senior executives
- Partner with key business leaders to understand return on marketing investments
- Provide support for and improve the forecasting, planning, and reporting processes
- Develop new or enhanced financial reports to support changing business needs and routinely assess existing models for accuracy and efficiency
- Lead and perform ad hoc analytical projects as required
- Review and analyze aggregate financial results to ensure accuracy of reporting and identify trends
- BS/BBA degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience managing, developing and building teams
- Ability to communicate recommendations and conclusions to senior management; problem solving skills; effective management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities; ability to work independently; ability to use mathematical techniques for forecasting
- Excellent analytical skills, must be able to leverage data to develop insights and support or disprove hypothesis
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Advanced degree or CPA/CFA preferred
- Prior experience in marketing finance preferred
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs18-5655